FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For the Love of God...

Author Topic: For the Love of God...
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
... is a very nice instrumental song/guitar solo by Steve Vai. It goes a long way towards showing how well a few well-placed notes can convey meaning, while at the same time displaying his remarkable talent. That is all.

Oh, you thought this was going to be one of my preachy threads again? Well, I fooled you.

[Taunt]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
If this thread could be of any use to anybody, it would be to discuss some of their favorite guitar players, or musicians in general.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Vai rules. That is all.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Vai ruined the Halo 2 theme. Even if his other work is the sublime music of the gods, I'll never forgive him for that.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Jeff Beck or Django Reinhardt? Jimmy Page or Stevie Ray Vaughn? Wes Montgomery or Jimi Hendrix?

Music that grabs you by the short-and-curlies.

Who was your teenage-bedroom-tennis-racket-air-guitar hero???

I must say I wanted to be Mark Knoplfer, when I grew up...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

I never played that game.
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

Way back in my day, I always air-guitared to Hendrix and, later, to Vaughan.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Vai's version of the Peanuts classic "Christmastime is Here" off "Merry Axemas, vol. 1" is pretty nice work as well.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I must say I wanted to be Mark Knoplfer, when I grew up... [/QB]

Rodger Waters
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am such a geek... I conducted the L.A. Philharmonic on the radio, instead of doing air guitar. :blushes:
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, kq, that's okay. I made up entire ballets that I would then perform solo to Gerswhin's Rhapsody in Blue almost every day. Actually it was kind of like that scene in An American in Paris when Oscar Levant conducts the orchestra of himself, because in my head I was also all of the musicians.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TBTRAGH List:
1. Duanne Allman and Dicky Betts. I was kinda a sad kid.

2. Tom Scholz from Boston. Heck yeah buddy!

3. Kurt Cobain. Ya know, for all the teen angst and stuff.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are all lame, I air guitared Les Claypool and then got myself a fender jazz. After a few months of working my butt off I realized I could never be Les, and settled on classical guitar.

Thats why I am not a world famous bass player, I can't one up that man.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Kaoru and Die
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Ani Difranco... She kicks on the guitar...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
She's hard to air guitar to, though.

I'm all about the classics: Eric Clapton and George Harrison. I like thier wail.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to air-basson Bernie Garfield! I still conduct anybodies Philharmonic on the Radio. I believe the word is geezer not geek.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.