FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please make it stop!

Author Topic: Please make it stop!
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]
I can't stop playing this game!

It's just a little inconvenient, as I have an 8 page final paper due tomorrow morning.

Come join me in my joyfully miserable addiction!

[Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Fun.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats an really old version of N. The current, complete version is available as a stand-alone flash download from the creators: http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/downloads.html

Its has the full complement of levels, (500, I think) as well as various bug fixes from that copy. I've wasted many an hour playing it.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
You notice that a lot more games are being posted on this forum now that finals are here. I find it quite amusing.

And yet I click on every link.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
Did I mention that I'm a procrastinator? Little games like this are my friends, if used in moderation. But this game is hellishly addictive, and there's no time left to procrastinate! My paper's due in five hours! AAAARGH!!!
[Wall Bash]

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I can write a paper in 2 hours tops.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I can juggle four balls at once. [Razz]
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure blayne, so could I for a class that I didn't really care about, and on a topic I already knew inside out. Thats more or less impossible, once the length and complexity of the paper increase or if the topic become more complicated, or if you don't have a complete grasp of the topic when you're trying to write. One last for instance, what it would take longer than 2 hours to just physically key the paper into the computer? Does that time estimate include revision and proofreading?

Your definition of paper could hardly make it past a freshman english class.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

To tell the truth, the flash game that has been eating up a bunch of my time recently is this one: http://www.jeannettevejarano.com/games/tower-defence.html

I'm kinda skeptical about the claim that the author was able to get to level 90. If the claims about the way the monster's health increases are true, then its an exponential growth curve, and your tower upgrades stop helping around level 70 or so.

So far the highest level I've achieved has been 76. Can anyone do any better?

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
91 byyyyaaaaaahhhhh
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
The trick is to get the green towers in the beginning because they have a lot more range than the other towers. Put them in the middle and just save up up money. Then buy the thunder and the other expensive tower.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
ahhhhhhhh, too much time wasted. Great little game though, thanks for sharing.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.