FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Getting Kicked off of Hatrack

Author Topic: Getting Kicked off of Hatrack
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I am wondering how someone can get kicked off of Hatrack. The obvious answer would be "breaking the rules of the site agreement." That doesn't seem to actually be the case. When was the last time a person was banned?

We have those neat little whiste thingies. Even with people using them, I haven't even seen any warnings. Things have really become relaxed even from what they used to be.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe warnings can be given via e-mail, so just because you haven't seen them doesn't necessarily mean they don't happen. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate all of you and your religion is false. And here are three (3) lines of lyrics from my favorite copyright protected contemporary pop song.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I recall King of Men, after months of offensive behavior, finally checking an old email account and seeing many warnings that Papa Janitor had been sending him that whole time.

Take from that what you will. [Dont Know]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Otaku was banned, but I can't remember why...
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to be pretty vile to get banned.

Please don't take that statement as a challenge.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
You have to be pretty vile to get banned.

Please don't take that statement as a challenge.

*throws his entire vial collection in the garbage*

[Frown]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Flish/flallow kept ketting banned, but I don't know what for.

IIRC, Leto was banned for [edit -- I don't know why].

[ December 20, 2006, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
BB: is it a pretty vial?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a very small vial.

And it's a darn shame, because there's already too much vialettes on the web.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Keep reachin' Dag! =)
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
<runs in with a handful of voles only to be dissapointed>
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
My pun philter is set to lo!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
He holds a crystal phial that has colours like the moon;
He touches and it tinges and he trembles very soon.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Was Bean Counter banned?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
BB: is it a pretty vial?

The prettiest there ever were, not only that the phials had to go as well! ARG! Its pretty cruet of you to let your feminine wiles trick me into destroying my precious vials!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I don't think so.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Leto is the last person I remember being banned.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
And that doloresoistekio spambot thing.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow was since then.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Leto? Hmmm... wasn't he a prolific poster here?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
**edited**

That is not what happened. What happened is, of course, between Leto and the Cards and was handled privately.

Frankly I am quite surprised at you for spreading a rumor of this nature against a person who cannot defend himself on this site. Beyond surprised; I honestly cannot believe this came from you [Frown] .

[ December 20, 2006, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: ladyday ]

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Either way, a lot of people are kicked off of hatcrack daily, and it usually involves a ticked off spouse or SO.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
That is not what happened. What happened is, of course, between Leto and the Cards and was handled privately.
It's not? I'm sorry for spreading falsehoods. It was unintentional.

Anyway, I didn't mean it as an attack.

Either I was misinformed or I'm remembering it wrong. [Dont Know]

[ December 20, 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Ladyday -- I've edited my earlier post. If you delete those words from your post, they can dissapear from this thread entirely.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When a young girl posted about her emotional problems, Otaku suggested that she commit suicide.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone remember Thor's "challenge" to OSC?

[dreamily]Ah, those were the days! [Smile]

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I edited as well.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Thank you, and again, I apologize.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Banning is a drastic step, and I am glad there are not more bannings. Although there have been a few people who probably could have used one sooner than later.....but second guessing is always easier than real-time decisions.

The mods do a great job here, IMO.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
The mods do a great job here, IMO.

Indeed. [Smile] *applauds*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
great mods.
wonderful hosts.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
great mods.
wonderful hosts.

Absolutely.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When a young girl posted about her emotional problems, Otaku suggested that she commit suicide.
Actually, that was after the "Otaku" screenname had been banned and he had apologized and gotten reinstated as just "Paul". I don't think "Paul" got banned for that incident, but got enough flak for it that he just sort of slinked (slunk?) away. I was reading through some old saved IM conversations I had with him and some other people during that situation just the other day, oddly enough.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it, I got banned about two years ago, amidst the great "Hahaha, I Stole Katie's Screenname Because She Forgot To Log Out After Using My Computer" debacle of 2005.

I was reinstated a few days later (I was told it was a "mistake"), but I remember writing a farewell thread. [Razz]

This was before the PapaJ days, mind you.

And just thinking about the pre-Janitor days makes me long for the day we all got drunk in California and had the contest to see who could blow the highest BAL into LadyDove's breathalyzer. I'm pretty sure Pop won, but I've been practicing for a rematch!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
great mods.
wonderful hosts.

Absolutely.
Seconded.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
quote:
Holy crap. [Eek!]

Was he like "Why don't you just kill yourself?"
with a joking tone or was he actually serious about it?

Either way, I don't think that both methods were in good taste at all.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.