FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Voicemail

Author Topic: Voicemail
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
What's worse than a bad voicemail? Telling other people to do it WRONG.

http://finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/leadership/20986

He has a lot of good points but he leaves out the most important point of all.

Say your phone number twice. Once at the start and once at the end. He DOES say to say it slow and clear, but when that peice of static obliterates a number in the middle it doesn't matter how slow and clear you make it.

You say it at the beginning for the benefit of the people who have to replay your message to get your number. You say it at the end for the people who don't decide until the last minute that yes, they actually want to call you back.

"Hi, I'm The Pixiest from Hatrack. My number is 555-555-1212. I'm calling about blah blah blah. Once again, I'm The Pixiest and my nubmer is 555-555-1212."

And the guy didn't even have a comment section so I could correct him. GRR.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
"Hi, I'm The Pixiest from Hatrack. My number is 555-555-1212. I'm calling about blah blah blah. Once again, I'm The Pixiest and my nubmer is 555-555-1212."

Cool! I'll give you a call later. Or, if you'd like, you can call me at 732-5nn-xn_ _

I look forward to hearing from you!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
He's operating under the assumption that a voicemail message requires a return call.

Back when I worked in industry, most of the voicemail I left either provided information, or gave instructions. If I gave all the information that was needed, no return call was required. But sometimes that meant I had to leave a message that was not brief.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
You can leave me a voicemail at anytime by calling (541) FLY-DUDE. I'll post any funny ones.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow this forum moves slow anymore. I posted a phone number on the Internet and nobody called?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well, maybe you're not as popular as you like to think you are. [Taunt]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Nato: I used to have a number that spelled PIX-TLAK.... it was SO close to perfect.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.