FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Australia 'Rackers

Author Topic: Australia 'Rackers
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a distinct possibility that I will be spending my next semester at Monash University in Melbourne. I was wondering if there was anyone who lived around there. If so, I would love to know about any interesting places to visit there. Also, it would be amazing if we could have a get together when I'm over there. Granted, it's only a chance that I'll be going, since I haven't actually been accepted for the semester, but it's never too early to start planning [Wink]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so close. If you were applying for an exchange at an university in Sydney...
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably head out to Sydney at some point during my semester, so we can totally hang out then. I plan to do as much sight seeing as possible when I'm there.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

Neat. Email me if you get details. [Smile]
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
imogen lives in Australia. Right?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup!

I'm in Canberra though.

Melbourne is a fantastic city - you'll have a wonderful time there.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Melbourne is a fantastic city. I had a wonderful time there. Plenty to do. I am sure missing it.

IM me sometime and we'll talk about it.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
A good thread from the Archives
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Melbourne, be happy to advise!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Australia, great island, where you really want to go though is New Zealand.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
New Zealand is actually part of Australia. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh how I missed you jebus
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

I could sense that, even from my distant northern hemisphere, and so I have returned.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
New Zealand is actually part of Australia. [Roll Eyes]
Did you hear? Australia excised the state of New Zealand because of the sheep overcrowding problem.

Much like the way the government excised Christmas Island and a few other territories from the migration zone in order to avoid the refugee overpopulation problem.

Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Troubadour lived in Melbourne last I heard (bearing in mind that was about 2 or 3 years ago!).

But its a brilliant city. Best night life in the country, great theatre, art and music. Melbourne has a lot going for it... except the bad weather and the absence of real (i.e. surf) beaches. Otherwise - tops!

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

quote:

Much like the way the government excised Christmas Island and a few other territories from the migration zone in order to avoid the refugee overpopulation problem.

No. Shitting. Way.

There's a place called Christmas Island!?

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, it's next to the Island of Misfit Toys .
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
No. Shitting. Way.

There's a place called Christmas Island!?

Yes. It's tropical and has lots of red crabs, which are cute until they cover entire beaches.
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
You know it's funny, before I moved here and ever since, everyone *not* living in Melbourne tells me how bad the weather is. Usually while I'm enjoying beautiful sunny weather, wishing to god it would rain! We've been in drought for years with water supplies of only 38% remaining.

It does get pretty cold in winter, but the weather's pretty damn good through most of spring-thru-autumn.

EG's right about the beaches tho. None worth writing home about - although you can see Bell's beach at the end of 'Point Break'.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.