FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mission Accomplished or I Huffed Paint this Weekend

Author Topic: Mission Accomplished or I Huffed Paint this Weekend
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night, we had a High School Musical 2 watching party. That gave me the perfect opportunity to start pulling down the ugly wall paper we have in our house. You see, we have been in our house for one year. The house was built in 1983, and had the original wall paper. All I can say is, the person who picked it out really liked flowers.

So I pulled the wall paper down Friday evening and Saturday morning, prepped the walls, and by Saturday afternoon was ready to paint. What a task. I have vaulted ceilings in my living room, so at it's peak, the wall extends 20'-6". That was a little harry standing on top of an extension ladder with a pail of paint and a roller.

Now, I am please to say, I am finished with major painting operations. Sure I still have trim to paint and we are going to put stripes in the dining room. Oh yeah, there are still the bedrooms and bathrooms to go. Maybe I'll need a helper surge. Oh well, the worst is over.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Teach me how to not have total disdain for painting, it's an activity I just can't summon any enthusiasm for.

Speaking of HSM2 I suppose if I hired all THOSE folks they could paint my house and sing catchy songs while doing it. Hmmmm...

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Teach me how to not have total disdain for painting, it's an activity I just can't summon any enthusiasm for.
Why? It's actually my second-favorite house remodel job -- indoor painting, at least.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's actually my second-favorite house remodel job -- indoor painting, at least.
Yes, well...ingesting bamboo slivers is my second-favorite method of being tortured. That doesn't mean that I explicitly *enjoy* the procedure.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.