FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OW. OW. Dry hair was in no way worth this.

Author Topic: OW. OW. Dry hair was in no way worth this.
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
OW. I was taking a shower this morning and I didn't want to get my hair wet so I tried to turn the tap off with my feet (a manoeuvre I have accomplished many times without mishap), and I guess something slipped because my big toe was brought into violent contact with the faucet, and (ow) it like rammed well into my toenail and mainly detached it. And now it hurts SO MUCH. And it is SO YUCKY. And furthermore, when my little sister came out to see why I was moaning and wailing and applying bandages to things, she started passing out (not from the yuckiness, but from perhaps dehydration or low blood sugar).

Plus I have an interview tomorrow, which I was planning on wearing heels to so that I could look tall and imposing and convince the people to give me the job that would pay for my graduate degree, but now I will be all hobbly and wearing flats. PLUS I am moving into my new apartment tomorrow and now I am all hobbly and the fear of dropping things on my toes is much scarier than it was yesterday.

[/whine]

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

This is why when I want to keep my hair dry while showering, I wrap it up in a towel.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
One time I slipped in the shower, and my behind landed on the faucet. I had a "skunk stripe" skinned from just above my crack to the middle of my back.... I can sympathize completely.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
May I recommend baths?

In all seriousness, that sounds like a really crummy way to start your day. Good luck with the interview and the move.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Fyfe, owie ow ow ow!! Yes, good luck with all upcoming major life events.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke my toe once mere hours before moving.

Sadly, that meant that I couldn't lift a thing. But happily, I had very very very good friends who pitched in.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

Whee, I got the job in spite of being hobbly! Yippee! They said my qualifications were impressive!
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it went so well Fyfe! Congrats!

I once had my big toenail violently detached from my big toe (which is what your first post sounds like it is describing).
I will concur that it was the WORST hurt I've ever had in my life -- and I've had three kids since then.
Hope you get better soon!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
FG, does that toenail look pretty well healed now? I broke off my right big toenail 17 years ago, and it is still weird.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

Oh dear. No. I mean, it only happened yesterday. But I don't want my toes to be weird for the next 17 years! I already have freakishly long toes and the middle ones look a bit like crunchy Cheetos! I don't want my toenail to be abnormal forever! Eeek!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
As opposed to non-crunchy Cheetos? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
The important thing...did you keep your hair dry.

I'm just saying...it would be a shame to have hurt your toe for nothing.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.