FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Star Fleet or Galactic Empire?

Author Topic: Star Fleet or Galactic Empire?
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Star Fleet Officer uniform in the upcoming Star Trek movie by J. J. Abrams.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks more like a cadet uniform.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
Ew... that's weird. That'll definitely be different.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
The Galactic Empire would totally win in a fight, dude! They've got the resources of an entire galaxy at their disposal, not to mention the Dark Lords of the Sith.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant . . .

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be dark and serious, without all the pretty colored-outfits and clean sets. JJ Abrams can do no wrong, so far :-)
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
The Galactic Empire would totally win in a fight, dude! They've got the resources of an entire galaxy at their disposal, not to mention the Dark Lords of the Sith.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant . . .

I so thought that this was one of those threads when I clicked on it.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Starfleet is descended from the Confederate Army?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
All that uniform is missing is a pack of gum on the breast and it's totally a Galactic Empire uniform, d00d.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
No we've already had this argument!

Yeah those uniforms look pretty blah. They look like a mix of Galactic Empire and the surgical gowns they've worn in some episodes. I've seen a few alien races on Stargate wear something nearly the same as well.

It looks pretty boring on all of them. Starfleet needs more pizazz.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Judging by the spy photos I've seen of the toys, the movie isn't really changing the TOS-era uniform look all that much. Which makes me suspect labeling this an "officer" uniform was premature. It is confirmed that they're expanding the diversity of the Enterprise crew and locations...Spock will no longer be the token (half) alien.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you were talking about Asimov's Galactic Empire. I kept looking for the sun-and-spaceship logo.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
They look a lot better than most ST uniforms.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Here's the idea Admiral. We dress all the officers in drab uniforms, and they are less likely to be shot than the ensigns."

The admiral puffs on his psudo-cigar. "Bah, I don't like it. Why don't we just dress the disposable ensigns in something bright. Red. Yeah, red shirts should help the officers survive."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
They look a lot better than most ST uniforms.

Hey, pajamas are going to be all the rage in a few centuries.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like that uniform at all.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.