FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Micheal Jackson and China?

Author Topic: Micheal Jackson and China?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My correspondence with Chinese nationals seems to have taught me the following:

1) They really really like Micheal Jackson.
2) They all want to learn English.
3) Nearly everyone has at least one friend who plays World of Warcraft.
4) half of them have very buggy MSN clients.

Why is Micheal Jackson such a fad over there? Last i recall he wasn't even that famous over here (in NA).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
Last I was aware Michael Jackson was still pretty big most everywhere EXCEPT the US. It's similar to the GLDF (Germans Love David Hasslehof) effect.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Do you honestly care if its spelt right? C'mon.
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine. Spell it however you want Blyane.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Michael's a pretty common name, and that particular spelling is about 10,000 times more common than what you wrote.

Also, you're talking about a specific person, so it's a good idea to spell his name right.

Unless you don't think you'd mind if we all started calling you Brad Blanely.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

My gym teacher calls me that ^-^
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Or BrBl for short.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
That's like... A combination of "brb" and "bbl"
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
See, I see "BrBl" and think "burble," which sounds like... unpleasant stuff gushing out of a leaky pipe or something.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.