FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 12 things you might not know about 'A Christmas Story'

Author Topic: 12 things you might not know about 'A Christmas Story'
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Some cool tidbits.

"I had pulled it off!"

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that movie. My wife LOVES Christmas decorating. She decorates for most holidays but really goes all out for Christmas. I almost had her talked into the leg lamp for a decoration. Maybe next year.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the movie, but they showed it so often that I started to resent it -- because there are other good movies, better movies. It's one of those that I could have enjoyed once per year along with some of the better versions of A Christmas Carol, It's a Wonderful Life, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon, not the movie), and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
And White Christmas. I have to see that every year.

Is it just in my part of the world, or does every market have a 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story on Christmas? I mean, I agree with Christine, it's a cute movie, but it's not the ONLY movie.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
TBS runs the 24 hour marathon. The idea behind it is that it can be put on and walked in and out of during family celebrations and the movie is known well enough that it can be watched from any point.

I love all the others too but I do watch the 24 hours of a Christmas Story.

Add in Holiday Inn too!

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen that movie. Is it any good?
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.