FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A raccoon! it so cute!

Author Topic: A raccoon! it so cute!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Theres a raccoon on my front porch eating my cat food, its so adorable [Smile]

I miss my baby pet raccoon [Frown] Its a long story but you can probably geuss what happened to the poor little guy [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
(I hope you people all appreciate the control I'm exercising here.)

There, there.

Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CutenessProximity
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
awww. Raccoons are cute. I like them.

I also think baby skunks are super adorable and adult ones too.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabies is SOOO cute.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter's gymnastics coach traps raccoons near his home. One day we came to practice and he had a trapped raccoon in the back of his pickup - he told all the girls to go outside and look at it.

I then made the mistake of asking him what he did to them.

He said, "I take them down Clayton Rd and let them go in the woods just across the county line." In other words...practically my backyard. [Wall Bash]

No wonder there are so many of them that get into my garbage all the time! [Mad]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Would you have been less upset if he told you he made coonskin caps out of them?
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad captures them. I had the unfortunate experience of watching him try to kill one once. It was pretty gruesome because he didn't have tools sufficient to the task.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they're cute...until they turn into snarling, fangy monsters when they feel trapped. I've had to capture a few because they like to kill my chickens sometimes. They're not difficult to kill (a .22 will do the job quickly and easily), so I can't imagine what scifibum's dad was trying to kill it with. A pocketknife?

On another note, stewed raccoon, although unusually flavored, is quite tasty.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My cats would always notice the raccoons trying to walk by the screen doors in the back of my house. One of them was always curious but the other one would almost hyperventilate with her hissing.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

my cants dont hiss though one of them does puff out her tail in a hilarious fashion.
Belle
Member # 2314

quote:
Originally posted by Tstorm:
Would you have been less upset if he told you he made coonskin caps out of them?

Actually it wouldn't have bothered me at all. they're nuisances and pests. But, I would certainly be happier if he let them go in a place that wasn't so populated. Especially populated by ME.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
My cats don't just puff or hiss, they turn into shrieking harpies if they see a raccoon.

Then again, it's not too far off from what they do if they see another cat come up to the door. Even the one that lives in the same house w/ them that they haven't accepted yet. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
My eighth grade physical sciences teacher told us this story once of his experience trying to kill a raccoon. It was apparently channeling Rasputin. I'm not sure of the exact details, but I believe that it was able to withstand poisoned food, multiple arrows through its torso, and a few bullets to the skull before finally being run over.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's horrible. I like them and think they're cute.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
We have one that's been sneaking in through our cat door for at least a year now. We try to lock it every night, but invariably, one of us forgets every month or so, and then there are the times when the cats are still out when we go to bed and it's forecast to rain... the little bugger always sneaks in and tries to get at the food. We've tried bright lights, traps, poison, you name it... nothing will get rid of it.

At least we'll probably outlive it. That's our last hope.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

You could always trap it and move it to my backyard. That seems to be the way to do things. [Razz]
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad there is no recent Palin thread to put this in. But I thought this bit of news was pretty funky and this seems as relevant a thread on the first page as any.

quote:
RANKIN INLET, Nunavut - On the first day of her trip to the Arctic Michaelle Jean gutted a freshly slaughtered seal, pulled out its raw heart, and ate it.

Hundreds of Inuit at a community festival gathered around as the Governor General made a gesture of solidarity with the country’s beleagured seal hunters.

Jean knelt above a pair of carcasses and used a traditional blade to slice the meat off the skin.

After repeated, vigorous cuts through the flesh the Queen’s representative turned to the woman beside her and asked enthusiastically: “Could I try the heart?”

http://www.cknw.com/News/National/Article.aspx?id=112776
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.