FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An interesting picture of Obama and Sarkozy.

Author Topic: An interesting picture of Obama and Sarkozy.
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
They seem quite distracted in this pic: http://migre.me/3tja
It was taken during the G8 summit.

Pres. Obama should take care, so he doesn't break his neck [Laugh]

[ July 11, 2009, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
And no wonder. Flats instead of stiletto heels! Quite shocking really.

[ July 10, 2009, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Speaking of Sarkozy: insecurity

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's hear it for the lecher in chief.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/07/when-in-rome.html
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] to the video at the end of aspectre's second link.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

Because certainly looking at someone, assuming he actually was and it isn't just the way the picture looks, translates to lechery.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Obama is perhaps one step above the devil in some people's eyes.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
The picture/video combination is a great example of seeing what you want to see.

In the picture, it does look like he's checking her out. And you get people calling him a lecher.

In the video, he is, instead of checking her out, helping another woman down the step. Rather gentleman-like.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
hah. it's like he doesn't even notice the girl when you see the video, except in so much as an obstacle to help the other girl down the steps.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting, a good demonstration of how pictures on their own can be quite deceiving and even reflective of what we're bringing to the table.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Interesting, a good demonstration of how pictures on their own can be quite deceiving and even reflective of what we're bringing to the table.

True story.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The irony is that in the end, WE'RE the ones checking out the lady's behind.

Obama, you put us to shame and make us learn about ourselves at the same time.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Could be worse. For example, he could've been fooled into revealing his homophobic streak by a British comedian.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrsk:
quote:

Could be worse. For example, he could've been fooled into revealing his homophobic streak by a British comedian.
Based on the article, I'd hardly call that revealing a homophobic streak. I'm no Ron Paul supporter, but first it's unclear what's actually said, and second, if you're punked by "Bruno", you should be given some slack.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Besides, do you really think that RonPaul would have been any more accommodating to such an obvious honey-trap if the bait had instead been female?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The picture isn't capturing what it looks like.

Watch the video

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta be completely honest, it does look like Obama is giving her a look. He's using a technique I use all the time, and seeing it done actually makes me realize how obvious it is- you put your head down and make like you're focusing on something else, and just kind of check out whatever you want to see in passing, as it were. I'm pretty sure he did check her out while he was in the neighborhood.

That said, I find nothing wrong with it- he's a man after all, and it must be hard to remember that you're always being scrutinized by others.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
quote:

Because certainly looking at someone, assuming he actually was and it isn't just the way the picture looks, translates to lechery.
ha ha, oh lisa, never change
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

I spent a good 5 minutes looking at that photo to make sure I knew what he was looking at.

You know, I'm still not sure, better double check.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
For someone who is always upset and complaining about unthinking prejudice, Lisa sure has no problem being on the hating side of the fence, does she?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if he looked, Obama wasn't staring. I don't have a problem with looking, I do have a problem with staring.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
For someone who is always upset and complaining about unthinking prejudice, Lisa sure has no problem being on the hating side of the fence, does she?

Duh. Lisa's partly responsible for my current views on Israel and Palestine. Of course, it's not like I've seen a lot of Palestinians with a whole bunch of better ideas. I'm just waiting for the one where someone suggests, "hey, here's thought! Let's stop killing each other."
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I want an alternate universe where it's ron paul in that picture
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.