FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Robin Hood 2010 Trailer

Author Topic: Robin Hood 2010 Trailer
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=30006
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm........looks grim.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought King of Thieves was pretty grim in many ways. I've got to say that in this one, Robin's men did not seem very "Merry."

Edited for clarity.

[ December 15, 2009, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. Don't they get that fun sells?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Meh. Don't they get that fun sells?

This. I know one way to make sure this movie grosses a metric ton. Change the title to:

Robin Hood: Hangover Edition

"Not at the table Little John!"

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite what I expected. Prince of Thieves, the one with Kevin Costner, had some darker moments, but also had a lot of funny parts to it too.

It feels like they're trying to give it the 007 treatment. The most recent Bond was all the explosions with none of the lighthearted fun of Pierce Brosnan's Bond. It looks like this Robin Hood is all, or maybe thrice the darkness of Costner's Robin Hood, but none of the fun.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
It's Ridley Scott, what do you expect?
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait for his take on Monopoly.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

It's like what they did to King Arthur, too. Excalibur also had humor. Now everything has to be 300. Blech.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

I'm picturing Moneybags running for his life after breaking out of jail (where he got thrown for parking in No Parking).
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
It's Ridley Scott, what do you expect?

I knew it was Ridley Scott, but for some reason I didn't think about all his other movies, now the grimness is less surprising.

Still though!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I think of when I think of Robin Hood? Snarling electric guitar riffs. That's really what the outlaw of Sherwood is all about for me.

(sigh...)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

I was hoping they'd make a companion to Clue.

I was sorely disappointed when I got an idea as to what it really was going to be.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
There have been lots of cinematic interpretations of Robin Hood. If this one's a %100 dark, intense Robin Hood, I'm cool with it. It's got a great cast, anyhow.

That said, this is just a 1 1/2 minute long quick cut montage containing almost no dialog, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge what the movie is like based off just that.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not personnally familiar with Ridley Scott's work, but after so many Robin Hood movies (not to mention my favorite, Men in Tights) we have seen alot of views on what he does. Sure we all laugh as he scares the bejesus out of the fat tax collector who just screwed some innocent family out of thier earnings and sends the bureaucrat running with his pants around his ankles. But Robin killed people, while not technically innocent people he still did it with no remorse, the story is set in a time of european history where men would be enlisted so long as they looked like adults, only to be killed by a thief and his friends.

Im all for a dark vision on a story that Ive been hearing all my life, hell Im not even a Russel Crowe fan and I may waste my money to go see this one.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a character called Mr. Monopoly, formerly known as Uncle Pennybags; there's no Moneybags.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
You know what I think of when I think of Robin Hood? Snarling electric guitar riffs. That's really what the outlaw of Sherwood is all about for me.

(sigh...)

Well at least this time Robin Hood is Engli-... Wait... What?

Oh never mind.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.