Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello, I'm new!

Author Topic: Hello, I'm new!
TeddyRuxpin
Member # 12767

- posted      Profile for TeddyRuxpin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to lurk here when I was younger (like 2005-2007), but never posted because I was a youngin' who didn't have much to say.

Came to check on the Shadows in Flight eBook situation, and figured I might make a post. I see some names I recognize from when I used to browse regularly. Good to see the community has survived.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as OSC continues to write, I'd expect this place to stick around.

Also, welcome to Hatrack. [Smile]

Posts: 1322 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there [Wave]
Posts: 3607 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust you.

I'll need to see 3 forms of ID. And a certification of live birth *NOT* a birth certificate.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, hello.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too easily faked, especially if he's one of those hip new youngins with their tech savvy and their loud music.

We're going to need dental records, a DNA test, and a lock of hair.

Posts: 21436 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

Don't listen to them. They're just trying to steal your identity (they do it everytime and rumor has it that Orincoro just bought a new car. Oh, and he did that while being unemployed). If you want to know the truth, we just need a social security number and your credit card number. We won't use the information against you and we won't leak it out. We require it for safety reasons, should the break-in Lyrhawn has staged for your house fails. I don't think it will, but those things don't always go as planned.
Posts: 1322 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice handle, Teddy. [Smile]
Posts: 4511 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TeddyRuxpin
Member # 12767

- posted      Profile for TeddyRuxpin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've caught me. I am in fact, an actual Teddy Ruxpin.

Life's been hard since the decline of cassette tapes. I've done some things I'm not proud of, but I'm on the upswing and ready for a comeback.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

(Darn you Orincoro, Lyr, and Jeff. Now I need to clean the orange juice off my desk.)

Posts: 1568 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_   Email Stone_Wolf_         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to hatrack, you are incorrect. (I would say you are "wrong" but that's a different OSC discussion board.)
Posts: 5081 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am in fact, an actual Teddy Ruxpin.
Oh, God. The soulless eyes. The swiveling head. The clicking. The awful, awful...clicking.
Posts: 36937 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm
Posts: 14155 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
Oh, God. The soulless eyes. The swiveling head. The clicking. The awful, awful...clicking.
Teddy Ruxpin was awesome when I was a kid. You don't really notice the creepy factor when you're six years old. [ROFL]
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TeddyRuxpin:
You've caught me. I am in fact, an actual Teddy Ruxpin.

Be careful when you say things like that, some of us might merely be trying to steal your identity but I now feel you should be launched into blazing fireplace like in the ending of the original Chucky. Orincoro wants you credit score, I want your synthetic fur buried beneath consecrated ground.
Posts: 2297 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TeddyRuxpin
Member # 12767

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
Teddy Ruxpin was awesome when I was a kid. You don't really notice the creepy factor when you're six years old. [ROFL]
Some therapy will uncover those repressed memories for you.

But seriously, thanks for all the welcomes and hellos.

You have reached the end of side A, please change tape to side B.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol. Welcome to Hatrack again, o creepy one!
Posts: 15003 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.