FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CoViD-19 Chat

Author Topic: CoViD-19 Chat
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
So many people are bored because of the current pandemic we facing off. How do you deal with the pandemic? What do you do to rid your boring life during a pandemic?

Thanks for reading this thread. May God Bless You.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
For this month in particular, at least, I've been hacking away at a nanowrimo project, which is going ok.

How about you?

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I just do my work, try to enjoy time with my kids without going stir-crazy, and do it day after day. I need a serious vacation. But who doesn't?
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selene
Member # 14471

- posted      Profile for Selene           Edit/Delete Post 
To kill the boredom I keep myself busy with doing some cardio exercises to maintain my figure and reading articles in my free time. I love to read because I get a lot of lessons that can apply in real life, just like this article that I found recently, http://thepatientsvoice.org/lifestyle-adjustments-during-a-pandemic-crisis/. Actually, reading and exercising are the prime things that why boredom doesn't exist in my life.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Selene:
To kill the boredom I keep myself busy with doing some cardio exercises to maintain my figure and reading articles in my free time. I love to read because I get a lot of lessons that can apply in real life, just like this article that I found recently, http://thepatientsvoice.org/lifestyle-adjustments-during-a-pandemic-crisis/. Actually, reading and exercising are the prime things that why boredom doesn't exist in my life.

Nice article, I read it and it's pretty accurate. Do you have anything else to share?
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HellerThriller
Member # 14505

- posted      Profile for HellerThriller           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Selene:

You're right, keeping busy with yourself can help you to kill boredom and doing exercise also helps to lift up your emotions. the article is indeed nice.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice if we could nip these spambots in the bud.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AxesAtack
Member # 14543

- posted      Profile for AxesAtack           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new to the forum and I want to tell you how I kill boredom in quarantine, the first thing I do is drive to work, the second is shooting, the third is movies and fitness room.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Killing spam is what I do to kill boredom. That and read it in my spare time.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There's still quite a bit of spam left here, if you get bored again.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I visited. Did everyone migrate to a different secret forum or something?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they did, and we weren’t invited.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I mean there are several forums around. One migrated because the gracious host decided they no longer wanted the responsibility.

And plenty are on Facebook and Twitter.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Two of the migrant forums became viewable only to registered members. One, because the owner of the forum began to have a professional online presence. The other because of something 2016 related, and once the forum was made private, a whole bunch of redactable material got posted. That reminds me, I should start tagging stuff for redaction again.

Also, this reminds me my email of record on this forum is no good. Well, it might still work but I haven't checked it in a decade. Hmm. What a dilemma.

P.S. I updated my email. So if you want to contact me through the forum administrator, I guess you could.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.