FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why is “Into the Spiderverse” so good?

Author Topic: Why is “Into the Spiderverse” so good?
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m watching it with my 3 younger kids for probably the 100th time, and...it’s just stellar. And it feels so improvisational, not at all polished as far as plot and visual look. But it still manages to have SO MUCH emotional resonance....Even Kingpin is morally gray-area and humanized by his motivations....he just misses his loved ones so deeply.

The movie is the opposite of slick. It feels about as planned-out as as the totality of the graffiti you might see walking down the street in a rough neighborhood. But....it just resonates on so many levels. I’ve seen the dang thing dozens of times at least, and it still hits me hard.

On an unrelated note, if I were Spider-Man, I’d pause the plot and date and marry Doc Ock, She is insanely gorgeous and brilliant. Our great-grandkids could continue the plot after we’re dead. lol

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
So the real reason is that the Spider-Man world had been mined for all its good stuff, and the movies were getting stale. The Miles storyline allowed for a fresh take that is more relevant, while also paying sincere respect to all that has come before. The deep love and respect for the Spiderverse that the creators clearly have is evident throughout the film.

Argue with me. I wish to be proven wrong and learn something. LOL

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherryzook
Member # 14786

- posted      Profile for cherryzook   Email cherryzook         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
I’m watching it with my 3 younger kids for probably the 100th time, and...it’s just stellar. And it feels so improvisational, not at all polished as far as plot and visual look. But it still manages to have SO MUCH emotional resonance....Even Kingpin is morally gray-area and humanized by his motivations....he just misses his loved ones so deeply.

The movie is the opposite of slick. It feels about as planned-out as as the totality of the graffiti you might see walking down the street in a rough neighborhood. But....it just resonates on so many levels. I’ve seen the dang thing dozens of times at least, and it still hits me hard.

On an unrelated note, if I were Spider-Man, I’d pause the plot and date and marry Doc Ock, She is insanely gorgeous and brilliant. Our great-grandkids could continue the plot after we’re dead. lol

I liked it because its different than other animation style. Pretty good music too. My daughter watched it every day for 8 straight days.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse delivers a dynamic visual experience like no other!
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mathieson98
Member # 14787

- posted      Profile for mathieson98   Email mathieson98         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though Miles Morales is the protagonist of the film, Into the Spider-Verse is about him and so much more at the same time. Its deep understanding of the Spider-Man mythos, coupled with its bombastic visual style make it not only the best Spider-Man film, but one of the best animated films ever made. Myloweslife

[ August 31, 2021, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: mathieson98 ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.