FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Covid19 brings a lot of stress and anxiety

Author Topic: Covid19 brings a lot of stress and anxiety
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
As countries introduce measures to restrict movement as part of efforts to reduce the number of people infected with COVID-19, more and more of us are making huge changes to our daily routines.

Working from home, temporary unemployment, homeschooling children, and a lack of physical contact with other family members, friends, and colleagues are all new realities that take time to adjust to. Managing the fear of contracting the virus and worrying about people close to us who are particularly vulnerable, as well as adjusting to lifestyle changes like these, is difficult for all of us. They can be especially difficult for people who suffer from mental illnesses. Fortunately, there are a variety of things we can do to take care of our own mental health as well as assist others who may require additional support and care. This pandemic really brings a lot of stress and it is hard to deal with. Is anyone here who is suffering right now?

Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say suffering right now, but I was in a very rough spot a few months ago. I still remember crying with relief when I got vaccinated.

I still remember feeling so very very very alone last Christmas. Feeling as though, I was the only one I knew quarantining alone in place.

But I made it through, found a fantastic hobby (crypto/investing) and it's lead me to some unbelievably fascinating and shocking discoveries. And that makes the morass a lot easier to bear. How about you?

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
Crypto/Investing is a hot trend recently, and I would love to engage in this market. Also, physical activity is my most beloved routine as we can do it anytime and anywhere especially during this pandemic. However, we cannot help those other people suffering from mental health issues brought by this pandemic and it's quite alarming that the rate was tripled compared to pre-pandemic times.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.