Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » What keeps you going?

Author Topic: What keeps you going?
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having some trouble with my story. All my characters are, to put it simply, the same character...more or less. I want to revise (and, thinking positively, WILL revise), but right now the story is just so bad, it makes me feel like giving up writing. Its like this for another stor I'm working on as well, although not for the same reason. I've felt this way before, and gotten over it. I was just wondering what keeps you guys going. I like to write because it's a form of release. It lets my imagination go wild for a while, and it feels kind of free, and I was wondering why others wrote. Obligation? Love? Release? And so on.

Hopeless and hopeful both at the same time,
Chris

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
JeremyMc
Member # 1400

- posted      Profile for JeremyMc   Email JeremyMc         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. You're normal.
Some writers take years to write a book while others have done so in weeks.

I've been a very sporadic writer myself. I've gone for years between stories...and then returned to the very same story, and then get distracted for a few more years. Kinda sad actually. hehe

I think before you get anywhere with writing, you have to know yourself ... and in particular know how to motivate yourself to just keep running the race. Accept that some days you'll write crap and other days you'll be basking in your own brilliance.
For me, writing every day is necessary. Either use it or lose it. I have to train myself to be in a place where I'm planning and imagining stories almost unconsciously. For me, that means write something every day.

As for your original question: what keeps me going? The realization that it's this or nothing. I may have a lot of learning ahead of me, but I won't be happy and I may not even like myself if I'm not on the path which feels made for me.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that this isn't your main point, but what do you mean when you say that all your characters are the same character? Do you mean that you've drawn them all from your own personal character, by imagining what you would do if confronted with the situations and background they have? Or do you mean that they all have the same situations and backgrounds? Because if your problem is the former, I don't think that is a problem, and if the latter, why?

There isn't anything that keeps me personally going. I just like to express myself.

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
JK
Member # 654

- posted      Profile for JK   Email JK         Edit/Delete Post 
The end keeps me going. That, and getting rid of the voices in my head that tell me to write their story.
JK

Posts: 503 | Registered: Sep 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
GZ
Member # 1374

- posted      Profile for GZ   Email GZ         Edit/Delete Post 
What keeps me going in knowing that writing is something that I really want to do. So therefore I better keep doing it. Even if I do have to use a big stick to get myself to sit down and start typing sometimes. I want to see how it all turns out, and see the end product, and that is a big drive. Writing is an outgrowth of reading for me. When I actually get into the writing zone, I’m as much (or more) inside the story, feeling how alive it is, as when I’m reading a good book. That’s a good place to be.

As for those days when I’m pretty sure everything I wrote is just terrible – you know, sometimes when I go back an read it later, it isn’t so bad. Of course, then sometimes it is worse than I thought. But this is what editing is for, and if that isn’t a wonderful process for a control freak, I don’t know what is. I know I get too close to the work sometimes and it really helps to put it away for few days. Then you can read it with a more open mind (one not so cluttered with what you were trying to do and more focused on what you actually did. Sometimes what you did was just as good as what you were trying to do, even if it was quite different).

Keep plugging away at it!

GZ

Posts: 652 | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

- posted      Profile for srhowen   Email srhowen         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, fear of insanity keeps me going. If I don't write I will go insane.

Shawn

Posts: 1019 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that fear of insanity sounds awfully familiar.

What I mean in saying that all my characters are the same character is that they all speak and act in the same way. They have different backgrounds, different personalities, but sometimes--and I'm grateful it isn't always, or I'd throw my computer out a window and swear off the written word forever--no matter how hard I try, different characters say the same thing in a different voice...more or less. Does that make sense?

Ah Well,

Still typing despite the difficulties,
Chris

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
JeremyMc
Member # 1400

- posted      Profile for JeremyMc   Email JeremyMc         Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that in my own writings. It seems that every few years I just have to write about my own life, whether intentionally or not. So I choose intentionally (once I notice it happening). Then once my story is out I can resume the art of creating characters who aren't just alter-egos of myself.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

Somehow I don't think you mean alter egos of yourself. I know just what you mean.

If you try having one character that uses contractions, then have another that doesn't. Have one smoke and do all the yuck that goes with it. His home is riddled with over filled ash trays, burn marks, ect----larger than life in the smoking stero type. Have another that only wears black shirts ect. By starting out with a character sketch that sets your characters aprart physicaly, you will already be ahead.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

JK
Member # 654

Mmm, I kinda do what Shawn does. I say "this one will have this one character trait, this one will have another, this one will constantly fiddle with pens and stuff, etc etc." Then they kinda move out along those different branches. It helps if you figure out how the characters respond to these traits. Like Jeff can't stand the way Bob keeps fiddling with pens.
JK

GZ
Member # 1374

You can also do things with vocabulary – different people have different pet phrases, use different word choices to describe the same ideas, in fact, have a different set of words available to them to define those ideas. And then there is how they use those words. For example, choppy sentence structure verses flowing structure. The “to contract or not to contract” fits in with this as well.

Of couse, that's just ways of saying the same thing in a different way, which is what you said you were doing.... (which I realize now that I look over your post again)

Sounds more like you need to figure out how to think like other people -- so the words they say are coming from a different place, so to speak. That's hard to do. A way I've found that helps is to keep the character's background, goals, and experiences in mind, so I can try to adjust from my own limited point of view accordingly. They still are are going to sound the same on some level since they are all coming out of the same person.

Much blathering...

GZ

[This message has been edited by GZ (edited April 02, 2002).]

srhowen
Member # 462

I go back to my snoop book. Sit in a crowded place, a mall food court say. Describe the people around you in a note book then copy down dialog so that you get an idea of what they are saying compared to how they look. You can come up with some very interesting people that way.

My latest--on a trip to the vet with my cat there was a guy sitting across from me with a big black cat. It had one of those big collars around it's neck to keep it from scratching a much stitched up ear.

The guy kept talking to it in a soft voice and cooing like a dove. He liked his cat! That was obvious. So what do you think he looked like?

He was a much pierced Goth type person. Black clothes, many earrings and nose rings and eyebrow rings ect. Long black fingernails--the whole shebang. And when he spoke to the vet he sounded very proper English.

What did I get from that? A modern wizard taking his familiar to the vet.

A snoop book can be a great tool.

Shawn

Survivor
Member # 213

Character traits are all well and good, but I wouldn't rely on them myself. After all, many of the most distinctly noticible traits that a character might have are so superficial as to be easily disguised or adopted by anyone (manner of dress, speech, hair and grooming are all things that can be radically altered or emulated with ease). Besides, you risk making the character seem like a poser or fake, particularly if you personally have never successfully passed yourself off while expressing such mannerisms. I wouldn't try to POV a character with a defining ethical framework I couldn't understand.

Remember, using strict Third person limited Omniscient is good because it allows you to remain within the head of just one particular central character and see the other characters from the outside. Since, for most of us, this is how we experience "exotic" people anyway, you can believably write about characters that display attributes that you personally don't have the context to understand from a personal point of view. You can think of the POV character as a sort of version of yourself, all the other characters are "black boxes", having internal motivations, feelings, perceptions, and thoughts that you do not present to the audience. This way you can simply use your own observations about what different kinds of people act like, without engaging the knotty issue of how they think, feel, and so forth.

One thing that you should be careful of when selecting actions for these "exotic" characters, keep their actions within the bounds of what similar persons have actually, in real life, done. Yes, I am talking about defining the stereotype that such a character falls into, looking at historical (or personally known) examples of that stereotype, and limiting the possible actions of that character to actual behaviors of people belonging to the same category.

The reason that I say this is because whenever you try to portray a character that you do not personally sympathize with (meaning you understand the thought and motivation of this character from personal experience) you will inevitably be relying on stereotypes, even when describing the actual actions of persons known to you. And the greatest danger of portraying a stereotype is not falling into stereotype (which is inevitable). The greatest danger is attributing to a stereotype actions and behavior that in reality persons belonging to that stereotype have never actually displayed.

uberslacker2
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for uberslacker2   Email uberslacker2         Edit/Delete Post 
IN answer to the original question. The fact that I feel this need to tell a story. I live a strange life (I'm not technically in school, and well, I've always been a little weird). I always watch people (I just don't write it down) and try and get in their heads. I guess that's just some sick thing I do. Then I have to come up with stories and stuff for all these people and the people that are in that person's story have to have stories. That's where I get my themes and I have this urge to tell other people about my themes. Eventually I guess I want to tell my story, that make sense? I want to share a message, that's why I write. A bit weird, but hey.

The Great Uberslacker

[This message has been edited by uberslacker2 (edited April 04, 2002).]

Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at what you've written and hating it is part of the natural growth process of writing.

What is going on is that your critical skills are improving faster than your writing skills. So, you look at what you've written and realize that it isn't as great as you want it to be--and you hate it.

The thing that keeps me going on when I am in this kind of situation (and if you keep learning and improving as a writer, you'll hit it every so often) is the realization that I'm in that phase, and knowing that it will pass if I just keep working at improving my writing.

When I'm not in that phase, however, I worry that none of my skills are improving and I'm just stagnating. (Writing can be pretty stressful no matter where you are in the learning process.)

And what keeps me going then are the stories that eventually insist on being told, no matter what I think of how well I'm telling them.

For what it's worth, I started sending stories to publishers when my oldest daughter was learning to ride a tricycle. She had learned how to drive a car when I finally saw a story of mine professionally published.

You just have to keep going. But you have to have a life in the meantime, so don't let yourself get discouraged when things take a long time.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
JK
Member # 654

I know this is a tangent, but my whole life seems like a tangent, so it's not a problem for me. Sorry if it is for anyone else.
Survivor, I disagree with you. The idea is that you begin with a character trait or two, a few mannerisms or habits. That's not the extent of the characterisation, but the beginnings. The characters grow from there, and not necessarily into stereotypes. Equally, a writer will always sympathise with a character, otherwise he or she cannot write them. You cannot write a villain, for example, if you don't know why they want to rule the world, for instance (whether it's semi-altruistic, or a psychological desire from some deep-seated repression).
I also hate the omniscient style, so that may also explain why I'm reacting to your response *grin* The problem with that style is that you never really understand the characters, you just observe their actions. And since the best stories are about characters, omniscience can rarely be a good form of narration. IMHO, of course.
JK

uberslacker2
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for uberslacker2   Email uberslacker2         Edit/Delete Post 
JK, I hate to disagree with you on this but the third person omniscant can be used effectively. Or rather you can write a story that uses third person and have it work. In Ender's Game OSC gets you into the characters heads even though it's actually in 3rd person. He just tells you what they're thinking. Sometimes he switches to first person but at first it's written in 3rd. So it can be done, but the author has to make sure he points out the characters thoughts and makes it a character story. I do agree with you that the best narrative is character based. However, I believe that it is possibly to write a 3rd person omniscant character story. IMHO.
GTG now
The Great Uberslacker

Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Soule
Member # 1250

- posted      Profile for Soule   Email Soule         Edit/Delete Post 
Going back to the original topic:what keeps me going? Three things: 1)The horriffic fear that if I stop and I could have been something great, I'll never know it, 2)A mental complex characterized by the incesant need to make my mommy proud, evident in so many kindergarteners, and 3)to get their rather annoying voices out of my head - they tell my to write the story, and if I don't they get so ANNOYING. Maybe I'm just a skitzo, I dunno.
And you CAN write effectively in the omniscient, you just have to be careful.

[This message has been edited by Soule (edited April 06, 2002).]

Posts: 79 | Registered: Aug 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

Oh I never disagreed about effective in Omni POV--I wrote a 300,000 + in all knowing POV. LOL--now if I sell the by the rules ones---I have that one.

Shawn

JK
Member # 654

I have nothing against Third Person, uberslacker, only Omniscience. Ender's Game is not written in an omniscient style, but a Third Person. OSC gets into people's heads, and has a main character. He sometimes shows us other characters, but he sticks in that person's perspective for that passage. Omniscience shows what everyone is thinking all the time. Read Lord of the Rings. In the same paragraph, we can learn what Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are thinking. That's omniscience, and I hate it. Notice, also, how LOTR isn't a character story. Use OSC's MICE quotient, and you get M for Mileu.
JK

Survivor
Member # 213

We need to have some definition of terms here.

There are several types of third person.

Third person limited. We are limited to description of physical objects and actions that would be noticable from a camera or peephole. We cannot read minds, feel emotions, or see things that would not be ordinarially visible, like a thrombosis forming in a varicose vein. This is the form that most movies, perforce, use.

Third person scrict limited Omniscient. We are limited to viewing the action around a given character, into whose thoughts and perceptions we can also see. We are aware of everything that the character is aware of, but nothing else except for things that may be seen or felt by the character but not consciously noted. This differs from first person mainly in gammatical person and literary convention (i.e. the convention of having first person accounts being presented as a later retelling of the events of the story by the POV character). This is the form I favor.

Third person roving Omniscient. This is a common form, where the narrator freely chooses what to tell the reader. The feelings and thoughts of characters present in any scene, or even of characters not present in a scene, as well as events in the past or the future are fair game as well. The sole criterion for inclusion is literary effect, and that is at the discretion of the author. Many great works of literature, and many more bad ones, are written in this person.

Third person full Omniscient. The narrator knows everything, and is under constraint by the rules of this format to reveal everything that has an effect on the story. As I said before, Tom Clancy is a good example of this style. The only limitations are that the events are related in a logical order. This is usually chronological, but could be methodological (tracing related causal event threads back and forth, according to how the events connect rather than in what order they occur) or spatiological (tracing either towards or away from the epicenter of the climactic action). Full Omniscient is actually fairly rare in fiction, and is more often used when presenting a comprehensive theory reconstructing actual events in an attempt to definitively explain them.

The other main option for fiction is first person. I would put these into several catagories as well.

Artificial Document, or Journalistic. In this form, the first person account is framed as a series of letters, journal entries, or reports putatively created by the POV character.

Personal Narrative. In this case, the first person account is framed as being recalled and told later, either as a memoir or cathartic account. It absolutely requires that the POV character survive the events of the story in some way able to relate the narrative later (one interesting story I read was written in two parts, the first told to a cyborg that wanted her to relate the narrative so as to be able to completely erase her memories of the events of the story, the second apphended as a justification for her actions in later deactivating this same cyborg, who was the leader of her society). For purposes of this form, survival includes survival as a ghost or angel, so long as the POV character is able to later relate the events of the story.

Informal or internal conversation. This form assumes that the POV character is in the habit of talking to themselves about what they are doing all the time. I find it an unconvincing format, and belive that it is usually used by persons that would be better served by writing in third person strict limited Omniscient, but it does have its own literary merits. It can be successfully used to help an author construct a self-justifying character that does bad things without facing the fact that they are bad. It also can produce publishable material, but because the constant self-justification that attends this use of the form, the material produced is not cheerful (thinking of something by Dostoyevsky, though that was actually cast in Journalistic mode). An alternative is to have the narrative cast as an internal conversation with a person that the character believes is watching them and can read the character's mind, God or a guardian angel, for instance. Or in SF, perhaps a telepath or cybernetically linked audience. In the latter cases, this might technically count as a Personal Narrative rather than an Informal use of first person, since you are making it explicit that the narrative is being passed on while the character is still able to do so. But if you have the person believing that they are being heard but do not evoke the reality of the intended recipient, then it is a clever use of internal conversation rather than a Personal Narrative.

Alright, I hope that I've made myself clear.

Bardos
Member # 1260

- posted      Profile for Bardos   Email Bardos         Edit/Delete Post 
Survivor, I think we have a different defination of what is a 3rd Person Limited Omniscient. What you describe, I believe, is Limited 3rd Person POV, which can periodicaly and clearly (i.e. different chapter or space between paragraphs) change among various characters.
My defination for 3rd Limited (also called "Selective") Omniscient is this: Lets say we have a scene: a room with six people talking. If we used Limited Omnsicient we could decide to draw info from some of these characters' heads. If we decided to draw info from two characters for this scene, then we would write about their thoughts and feelings, and only theirs. If we used Full Omniscient we'd be able to draw info from whatever character's head we pleased. If we used Limited POV we'd draw info from one, and only one, character's head. My personal favourite is Limited/Selective Omniscient, but that doesn't mean I don't, also, use other various POVs.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

I suppose that we could hammer out what to call all these things one way or another. I'm less concerned about what they are called than with the actual structure and functions.

That being said, I think that the POV thread has a discussion about what to call them all.

JK
Member # 654

Appears I was talking about a style different to the one Survivor was talking about. I would like to claim the moral high ground, however, for using the word omniscience in the way it's meant to be used (i.e. 'knowing all'). If you ask me, there's no such thing as limited omniscience, since it's a contradiction in terms.
But no-one asked me, which is good, because the answer is a petty point.
JK

srhowen
Member # 462

JK--I AGREE. It is limited 3rd--which does not mean just one character--you can change character's heads as long as you have a scene break.

Or OMNI which is the one that lets the reader into many char's heads in the same scene.

You can make up your own along the way to explain things---but these are defined terms--like past tense, like noun, verb, adverb, dependant clause, independant clause ect----

Yes, there are different degrees of limited third--but one of them is not Omni limited 3rd----

Shawn

GZ
Member # 1374

Disclaimer: I’m not trying to argue definitions. I think I’ve got a good feel for what the books usually put them down as and those literary definitions are enough for me. This is more of just a thought on the POV subject, which sort of fits in with has been happening on this thread and the POV one lately. So read the next part in that context please.

Isn’t any piece written in omniscient POV limited in its information content to some extent? Yes the narrator has at his disposal all information. Yes we can talk about the fly on the ceiling. But for the sake of story telling, there isn’t a need to share every bit of that with the reader. So not talking about the fly if it isn’t important for some reason (Plot, setting, whatever…) might actually take place in an omniscient POV. It’s the overall available scope that can be harnessed, not what actually goes down on paper that defines an omniscient POV. So information is not limited only by the POV, but also by what is important to the story.

Perhaps that paragraph of babble is more just a rethinking of the definition of what POV is. But it’s sort of interesting to think of (at least in my sometimes addled brain) in light of the “limited omniscient” discussion point made by JK earlier.

GZ

[This message has been edited by GZ (edited April 10, 2002).]

Survivor
Member # 213

Actually, the precedent for using limited in connection with Omnisceint comes from theology.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I'm not really interested so much in what these things are called (except for the purposes of understanding one another). I'll happiliy change what I call them, but I need more complete definitions of a POV than "Or OMNI which is the one that lets the reader into many char's heads in the same scene....""If we used Limited Omnsicient we could decide to draw info from some of these characters' heads....""Limited 3rd Person POV, which can periodicaly and clearly (i.e. different chapter or space between paragraphs) change among various characters....""Omniscience shows what everyone is thinking all the time...." and so forth are just not useful definitions.

As I also mentioned, there is a POV thread that I think this discussion probably belongs in. If anyone is really interested in explaining ideas about POV, how to define various usages and what to call them as well as how to use them for literary effect, then I would be pleased to see such comments (in POV, though, not here so much).

srhowen
Member # 462

Oh well, I started the POV thread because I wanted to give some guides to the POV issue.

I will only say this--there are set POV's, just as ther eare set grammar and spelling rules. Frankly, I'd love to change some of the spelling rules---it would make my misspellings correct after all. That ie befor e except after---

Pick up a style book and you will find POV terms defined.

It is my belief, perhpas wrong, but the terms are defined. Feel free to mix and match----but I wonder what other editors feel about it?

If you invent something new is it going to look like POV xyz and I think it is called this or is it just going to look like a confused POV?

When I see a unkowen POV "style" I think, this person needs a better understanding of POV. Sorry, but after careful consideration I don't think your story meets our needs at this time.

Shawn

Survivor
Member # 213

The rules for POV, though, unlike the rules for grammer and spelling, have changed dramatically over the past couple of centuries and are even now changing at an accellerating pace.

All publishable fiction in the not so distant past had to be either straight allegory or artificial documentary. The development of historical renarrative (a problematic area not only because it is poorly defined but also because it includes both actual renarratives of transmitted history and artificial renarratives of imagined history as well as transitional cases in between) moved towards the establishment of third person narratives as a viable format for a fictional story, though back then there were certainly no rules governing omniscience. And of course the development of SF rapidly forced open the boundries of POV usages that were allowable. Once patently fantastic stories about traveling to the moon in a giant projectile and to the center of the earth on foot bacame popular, the old conventions of maintaining suspension of disbelief through the use of such devices as presenting the story as an actual narrative from an eyewitness to events in the story began to lose their relevence to audiences.

The use of pure third person fiction (where the author is not accounted for as a component of the fiction by way of explaining where the narrative is derived from) is actually very recent. I don't believe that standards are set forth that are firm enough to be a great help to the author.

Obviously, we want to avoid POV usages that fall radically outside of range of publishable material. But within that range, there is a lot of variability in precision that I think is left open. I've read a lot of books that had terrible POV violations for no apparent literary reason, but they got published anyway.

If publishers are going to be so careless, then we have to be more careful lest someone publish some truly unworthy pieces of burning dung from under our pens and thus force us later to admit that it was indeed written by us (or really, I'm talking about all of you, since I really try to be careful about my POV before sending it out to the kind of people that publish things ).

Survivor
Member # 213

I almost feel bad for ressurrecting this thread, but I figure that it could be instructive, if only in the sense that seeing how really ill defined some of the POV terms that we use are....
srhowen
Member # 462

That's the point, though, they are not that ill defined. POV terms are defined. It is the writers themselves that are ill defining them, and unless you are a closet best selling author then the “what we write” includes you as well. No matter how careful, errors are made. I also am very picky about POV issues. But I would not go so far as to say I know everything, so therefore I am exempt from error. That sort of arrogance is often a cover for lack of true knowledge.

What I do know is based on my education and on my work. I am also a published non-fiction author. I have done a considerable amount of ghost written fiction while in Germany, and worked as an editor for a German Text Company (the same as an Agency here in the states). I currently do freelance editing and work as an assistant editor at an online magazine. I am also a teacher, though; I am taking time off from that, a year now and another to come, because I wish to devote that time to writing instead of teaching others how to write.

I have seen some incredible junk come across my desk, and I have had irate letters from those “authors” because they knew it all, and I had no idea what I was talking about.

OSC’s Characters and Viewpoint is one of the best books out there as far as defining what POV is and how to use the different variations. Frankly, I will take his word over anyone’s, as far as knowledge of the mechanics of working fiction goes.

Shawn

Survivor
Member # 213

Oh, let me hasten to point out that I'm not a published writer (unless you include posting on this forum as "publishing" ...hmm, actually don't quote me on not being published, but I don't think that I've been published in any significant way--in any case, back to the point). I also doubt that I'll ever be a best selling author, closet (I'm not familiar with that type of fiction, actually ) or otherwise. Further, I failed or dropped out of at least half of the English literature classes I ever took (I dropped out of one class after only one encounter with the teacher). Since nobody tried to require me to take literature classes in other languages, I neglected to fail or drop out of many of those...which I suppose I might regret at some level.

But the fact remains that I am an expert on everything having to do with my local experience with humans, including English literature (the fact that I am an expert probably shouldn't please any of you, being that many of you are humans, but facts are not about what pleases ). This being the case, I will almost always take my own word over almost anyone else's (including OSC ).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.