Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Looking for my 13 line challenge synopsis writers!

Author Topic: Looking for my 13 line challenge synopsis writers!
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Skadder has placed me in charge of the 13 line challenge (I know, I'm like the substitude teacher that will believe anything the kids say) I am in search of some synopsis's for the challenge.
I know some of you think that the challenge has run its course, but I would like to point out we still get 7 or 8 entries a week. It is alive and well. However, I am looking for a synopsis for this fridays challenge. Here is the list of people that have committed to providing one.

1) illiterate
2) Unwritten
3) Grant John

I haven't seen Illiterate post anything in awhile. Unwritten and Grant John have been scarce as well. If any of you could please contact me or if anyone else could step up to the plate please drop me a line. I have a short one on reserve to use if needed.
I invite all of you to check out this fridays challenge. It is open to all. New members are welcome and encouraged to join. Even if you don't have a submission, your comments and votes are still welcome.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiousity, are these people that run the challenge, or do they just solely provide an idea for it?
Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grant John
Member # 5993

- posted      Profile for Grant John   Email Grant John         Edit/Delete Post 
Have been hiding in the Flash Fiction thread, as I believe has Unwritten (the winner). I have a quick look at the synopsises most weeks but my time has generally been going elsewhere (editting the Share World novel, entering the Flash comp, etc). However I have been keeping an eye out for when my synopsis is due. If you can't find the others let me know and I can send one to you.

Grant

[This message has been edited by Grant John (edited July 22, 2008).]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tommose
Member # 8058

- posted      Profile for tommose   Email tommose         Edit/Delete Post 
Snapper,

I sent you a suggested synopsis. I've not done something like that before, so would like criticism if you hate it, or if I need to polish it.

To those who haven't tried it, give it a shot. This last one was my first, and it was very fun, and I got some good criticism from it as well.

Tom

[This message has been edited by tommose (edited July 22, 2008).]

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Snapper,
I am relatively new, but have been participating in the 13 line challenges. I would be willing to sign up for a synopsis. Let me know.
Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Tommose,

Nope, sorry I didn't receive a synopsis from you. Are you sure you didn't send it to Skadder?
GJ, I'd be happy to take your synopsis if it's ready, same with Unwritten. I guess I'm running the next two installments since Skadder left town. Told me on the phone he had urgent business that just came up (odd that their were sirens in the background)
LAJD, I would be happy to put your name on the list. Whomever's synopsis I receive I will place in writing challenges either friday or tomorrow. If I don't get one, I got one on reserve.
Join in everyone, it's fun and will help you develope a nice powerful hook, instead of a weak jab like I got.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited July 23, 2008).]

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, sign me up for a synopsis. Are there guidelines I need to follow?
Thanks
Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here! I'm here! I've been caught up in my reading lately, and have hardly even turned on the computer. I'm either a reader or a writer. Sadly, I simply can't be both at the same time.

I've been thinking about doing a synopsis for next week, but I think I can pull one off by tomorrow morning if you still need one.

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.