Hatrack River Writers Workshop
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Kill Bill (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kill Bill
Damascus
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Foo HA HA!
 | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Terrorists don't go away by ignoring them -- just as appeasing or talking to tyrants doesn't work. Bill Clinton tried ignoring the first World Trade Center bombing, the USS Cole, etc., etc., and we got 9/11. Direct intervention is necessary. Kathleen?
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Terrorists don't go away by ignoring them

Fortunately, he is not a terrorist. I am still trying to understand why he would come here and do his best to annoy/anger the rest of us. I am also curious as to what has caused him to have such anger against God. I watch the news and see people who are doing their best to have God stricken from every public place possible. I believe there is something more than just a lack of belief.

If an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God, then the mention of God should not bother them. Similar to Santa Clause, I do not get upset at Christmas time when a person acting as a fictitious person in the mall. I wonder how upset the self proclaimed atheist would be if the pledge said "under Santa" instead of "under God"? Besides a chuckle from every intelligent person in the country, there would be no issue. So I do believe that a large chunk of atheists are not really atheists at all, but are actually God haters. Sometime in their lives they had something not happen the way they wanted; something bad happened, or they expected to get something that they didn't get, or maybe something even worse. Whatever the cause, there usually is one. To inspire such hatred towards a being they say they don't believe in requires a reason.

So I wish they would just come out and label themselves as "God haters" instead of atheists, since atheists don't actually care if the word "God" is in anything. So is anyone here offended by a jolly fat man with a beard portrayed in schools?

[This message has been edited by Lord Darkstorm (edited November 24, 2003).]

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't want to argue over these topics with an aggravating visitor, then stop talking to him. This forum, to my understanding, is not set up for debates on God, Atheism, or anything of the sort, unless directly related to writing. Believe me, I'm biting my tongue until it bleeds not to respond to some of the incendiary comments I've read (and I don't mean Damascus' comments, I mean yours, Lord D.) But this isn't the place. If you want to debate the merits (or lack thereof) of religion, there are sites for that. This ain't one of them.

And Kathleen has been emailed. What happens to this topic next is up to her. Until then, I'd suggest following Survivor's example and turn the topic back to writing...and keep it there.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Balthasar
Member # 5399

- posted      Profile for Balthasar   Email Balthasar         Edit/Delete Post 
What amazes me is that intelligent (I question that) adults feel they need to respond to someone like Damascus. Or even to Lord D. for that matter. If someone writes something that doesn't pertain to writing, ignor him. Don't respond. Why do you need to e-mail Kathleen and tattle on those who are misbehaving??? Is this the second grade?

And by the way, a lot of shit goes on here that doesn't pertain to writing. Some moron posted something about a computer game!!! Did you e-mail Kathleen about that?

Now I am going to take my own advise and shut up.

[This message has been edited by Balthasar (edited November 24, 2003).]

Posts: 130 | Registered: Apr 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

- posted      Profile for srhowen   Email srhowen         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't post about the game first--but as writers we are interested in our typing skills.

The games a hoot.

And if you write like I do hours and hours at a time then edit hours and hours at a time and take a break every hour of so and play a silly game for a bit to give the brain a break--hey why not play one that can improve a tool of the trade.

As to why people respond--well it is within human nature to respond to those who attack or provoke. And frankly, wondering why Kathleen has not shut him down or the thread--well, we are here to discuss writing for the most part of things that influence writers. Why should we put up with an attention grabbing, needing board troll?

There are plenty of um-moderated boards where one can go to be bashed.

Shawn

Posts: 1019 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, Shawn, about the game.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of writing (and me) I can't seem to get through on your listed address, Hildy.

I have to agree that DAC's recent post was of low quality and patently offensive, and I wouldn't mind if KDW deleted it...but I would hardly ask her too. I mean, phibbt!

The fact of the matter is that we can all use occasional examples of truly intellectually and spiritually impoverished writing (as long as it isn't full of profanity and such) to serve as a reality check for ourselves. We look at someone like DAC and ask ourselves, "Do I write like that?" As long as the answer is 'no'... then okay. If we are forced to answer 'yes' or even 'a little', then we have work to do.

There isn't any real reason to get aggravated unless you've got some kind of emotional investment in the guy, after all. There's got to be a billion other humans just as obnoxious and stupid on this planet, after all...many of them probably live in your own physical neighborhood. Okay, I don't know that there's a billion other humans as limited as DAC...that was just a ballpark guess...probably way outside the ballpark, come to think of it. My point is that he's really quite insignificant, whether one of billions or only hundreds of millions.

Back to me Hildy, see if you can contact me (the rest of you are welcome to drop messages as well--though I don't know why you would, I just don't want you to feel excluded).

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
Survivor, I've emailed you offline with my correct address. Not sure why this one didn't work, but that certainly will.

As for emailing Kathleen, Balthasar, she has specifically requested that I notify her of trolls and other issues on the boards. DAC qualifies, so don't expect me to apologize for following her wishes. This is her domain, but she can't spend her time here 24/7 monitoring the boards. I think enough people have expressed a desire to end the prattling to merit letting Kathleen know.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll just close the topic.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.