Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Literary Boot Camp? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Literary Boot Camp?
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't packed yet!

My computer died, and so I'll be typing on a palm pilot at night. I've done this before, but I'm still relieved that Ms. Bellamy said I can use the computer lab.

So looking forward to this.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Doing last minute packing--actually waiting for the last load of laundry to dry so I have enough 'unmentionables' for the week.

Spaceman, Mary, we embark on a new adventure in...checking the time...33hours!

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
autumnmuse
Member # 2136

- posted      Profile for autumnmuse   Email autumnmuse         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to stop reading this thread because I am getting insanely jealous of you all.
Posts: 818 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahl22
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting wistful.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, Dakota, I'm right there with ya. Doing laundry and counting the hours.
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
Free high speed internet in the hotel in Orem!!! Too bad there won't be any time after tonight.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say thanks to Kathleen for the cherries, and that I was at the first two days. I kinda chickened out when it came to introducing myself to you guys.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post 
wow.
you guys got cherries.

Dakota is in my writer's group along with HSO, Yanos and Jack. We are having Dakota-withdrawals.

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

Hi everyone!

I'm sitting in the computer lab (right across the table from maryrobinette, actually--she waves to everyone!) taking a break from the rigors. We're writing today. Just writing. Tomorrow it gets tough. Maybe. Though Mary and I are finding it plenty tough to write a short story in a single day.

Dear HSO, hoptoad, yanos,
Hang in there guys. I won't be gone forever. >*<

MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

Dear Folks,

Boot Camp is fun. The writing is great. Wish you were here.

MaryRobinette

PS Send brownies in the next care package.

Whitney
Member # 2176

- posted      Profile for Whitney   Email Whitney         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could've afforded to go at least to the first two days!! UVSC is only 40 minutes from my house! Grrr! Have fun and learn lots of useful things.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

Don't expect anything cognizent from us for at least a day or two. Boot camp was indescribibly helpful in so many ways, but it's going to take time to digest everything. We are exhausted after a week of eating, breathing, drinking, and sleeping creative writing. So much talent in one room was incredible.
Thieftess
Member # 1683

- posted      Profile for Thieftess   Email Thieftess         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*
I miss that high. It's why I'm always going to conventions.

Welcome home, kids.

Alethea

Posts: 280 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

Mary, Dakota,

Oh my God. You remember that I said last week that there was an interstate in Arizona closed due to a fire?

There is a five to seven mile section of I-17 where the west side is desert, and the east side is moonscape from the edge of the pavement all the way to the top of the mountains on the horizon. That was not burnt on my way to Orem. There was also a huge cloud of smoke that reached from Cave Creek (suburb of Phoenix on the north side) all the way to Flagstaff, over 150 miles away. It was a solid wall of smoke running parallel to the interstate about five miles to the east. I saw four seperate fires, including flames from one.

djvdakota
Member # 2002

I'm just getting caught up with the world again. I leave for BC and the world is at peace. I get home and the entire Western US (except for Orem apparently) is on fire!

I hope Bobie made it home OK. They had sections of I-15 just north of St George closed as well.

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
"Though Mary and I are finding it plenty tough to write a short story in a single day."

c'mon, you're liberty hall flashers! that shoulda been a piece of cake!

Oh, you meant good stories. Well, that should have taken at least 2 hours. What did you do with the rest of your time?

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

PHHT!! Time? What time!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.