Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » First 13-Body Surfing

Author Topic: First 13-Body Surfing
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
I would appreciate critiques on my short story, which could be classified horror. Word count is approx. 6,500. As always,I'd be happy to offer a critique in return. Here are the first thirteen:

“Christ, Jack, I can’t believe how gross this is!” grumbled Dylan, tossing another shovel full of crap into the can. “Isn’t there some sort of rule about the punishment fitting the crime?”

“I guess trespassing in one abandoned building equals cleaning out another in New Jersey,” I muttered.

“Ugh, what in the hell is that?”

I peered down into his latest scoop. “Rat. That’s rat.”

“No way! It just looks like…”

“Old rat; well aged for that scrap of old shag rug look.”

Dylan crinkled his nose and gave the shovel a swing. Its contents, mostly crumbled plaster, scraps of wallpaper, and ex-rat, went sailing through the air to land next to the dented trash barrel.

“Close, but no stuffed bear,” I said.

Dylan grunted and leaned on his shovel, wiping the perspiration from his brow. “How much more time do we have down here?”

Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Horror eh? I'll try it.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
teddyrux
Member # 1595

- posted      Profile for teddyrux           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it a read. I will warn you, I've never been into horror,but I'm willing to give it a read.

Rux
:}

Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm game. Send it on.
Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

Thanks, folks. I'll send it along later today.

BTW, Teddy, I don't have your email, so if you would still like to take a look, please click on mine and let me know what it is. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Hildy9595 (edited May 24, 2004).]

Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hildy, AOL is bouncing my messages again. I get yours just fine...I don't remember what address I used last time to get around this.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

Sorry, Survivor...I can't seem to convince AOL that I actually want some emails from Hotmail. I'll send you an alternate email address.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.