Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Wanted to share...

Author Topic: Wanted to share...
mogservant
Member # 1739

- posted      Profile for mogservant   Email mogservant         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've been gone from the site for quite a while but still reading and lurking, wishing I had more than a pedestrian talent to match the giants around here. Much love for the way you guys commit to such constant, and mostly interesting, writing. I always said I wanted to spend more time writing. Now I have to.
I just started writing for a teen devotional magazine called Acquire the Fire. It's non-fictional and religious in nature but it's a great feeling to write something that I hope will help people. I'll be writing for each quarterly issue and also have a regular column that has a "blog" sort of feel. Just wanted to share with people whose struggles I understand and whose abilities I admire.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good steady gig. Congratulations!
Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't do the religious without offending people, but I can do the nonfiction a bit. I'd be interesting in learning techniques and hearing comments from you. There's the nonfiction forum here, and a similar one at Notebored. Notebored also has a high percentage of *looking for a phrase* the faithful and discussion forums specifically for them.
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice going! A regular gig writing is a good thing.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
mogservant
Member # 1739

- posted      Profile for mogservant   Email mogservant         Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of techniques are you referring to? If you want you could ask a few questions in the non-fiction forum and I'll help however I can.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
The techniques that you use, of course. Why don't you start a thread in Nonfiction that explains how you go about writing a column?
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second that motion. We need more activity in the Nonfiction area.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
All God's best on your endeavor, mogservant. And congrats as well.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.