Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » Hero League: Satomi's Strife - 1st 13

Author Topic: Hero League: Satomi's Strife - 1st 13
ChaosPaladin
Member # 8583

- posted      Profile for ChaosPaladin   Email ChaosPaladin         Edit/Delete Post 
(This is the first 13 lines of an adventure novel focusing around Satomi Amaran, a fragile and sensitive boy who has enough bad luck to dampen anyone's day. I would like any critiques, suggestions, and opinions on this novel. Much thanks appreciated in advanced)

A 16 year old boy sulked heavily as he made his way home through the busy city streets of Orlando Florida. Despairing brown eyes were hidden behind his cracked, black rimmed glasses, his black hair was unkempt and frazzled. Bruises and sores covered his young, slim frame that was veiled by his black, thin tee and blue jeans.

The boy sighed , the stings of his wounds bringing back horrible memories of his school. There were plenty of bullies and thugs, and so many students were often picked on by them. In some cases, he tried to help those who had very strong cases of bullying. Unfortunately, the moment he intervened, he always got trounced viciously. Though it was his nature to help those in need, it was also his nature to have severely bad luck and

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited April 30, 2009).]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandgeek9723
Member # 7886

- posted      Profile for bandgeek9723   Email bandgeek9723         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see here. Show don't tell, perhaps instead of telling us about his high school bullies, do brief little flashbacks or pieces of dialogue that he remembers.
I'd say that he likes a black a lot, though I'd say that there is too much of it in the first paragraph. Perhaps to break the monotony, he could have blue eyes.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.