Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » How are we doing the reading/voting part again?

Author Topic: How are we doing the reading/voting part again?
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
So, how are we doing the reading and voting again? I am still working on my story, but need to get reading in the next week because come Nov 1, I have a date with Nano that is going to eat up most of my available time. I'm trying to front-load.

So...can the completed stories be mailed? I don't post my email addy here so, well, IB, you have mine. I can email one-offs to each person who says they're done in the finish line thread so they can find me. But I wasn't sure if that's how we were doing this (each writer looking up each other writer's email and sending individual messages). I haven't done any of the Hatrack challenges before.

Then when it comes to voting - do we just email you our top 3, IB?

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

If the first thirteen are posted, that story is done.

You can email each participant that is finished and request the story to read, or you can post that you're ready for anyone to send them to you (include how). If you would prefer to keep your email private, you could email those that have emails in their profiles. (That's where you'll find mine.)

It the participant is done, he or she should be ready to read.

Read for content--as most will probably be first drafts--and formulate your opinion. You may critique them while you read them, or you can set the critiquing aside until after the vote. Votes are supposed to be cast by Nov. 7th. That is when I'm going to take the tally. I had hoped that all the stories would be finished and in by the end of the month.

On October 31st I'm going to post the voting thread, and voting season will open. From that day until Nov. 7th, you may vote on the stories that you have read.

Voting will consist of posting your 3 favortie of the bunch, in order that you like them:

1) Number One Choice Title by The Author's Name
2) Number Two Choice Title by The Author's Name
3) Number Three Choice Title by The Author's Name

If your story is honestly among them, leave that number and author blank (Unless you really want to put your own name up):

1)
2) Number Two Choice Title by Author's Name
3) Number Three Choice Title by Author's Name

On November 7th, I'll tally the votes. The winner will appear by the numbers:

If on story appears on more lists, it's the most popular, if two do, the order will come into account, and so on.

November 8th I will announce the winner. It will then become their task to trigger the next hatrack challenge.

(Any stories that you have not critiqued before you vote, you are urged to do after. Any stories that are not submitted by the 31st are disqualified from judging, though it'd be nice if you could still critique them. Of course, there's no rush on when.)

Any questions?

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited October 23, 2007).]

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.