Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Hatred and Forgiveness (a poem, PLEASE READ!)

Author Topic: Hatred and Forgiveness (a poem, PLEASE READ!)
Some Guy
Member # 1493

- posted      Profile for Some Guy   Email Some Guy         Edit/Delete Post 
If you enjoy what I have here, then please e-mail me for the rest. Please post your comments!

Just the thought,
the sight,
the smell,
a spoken word,
and memories long past,
but not forgotten.
You feel like you can't forgive,
and forget,
and move on.
When I see him,
it makes me sick.
If he walks into the room,
I leave.©
I have the rest, so please just e-mail me for it!
~Keep On Keepin It On~

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahl22
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I read it. I don't read very much poetry so I'm definitely not capable of critiquing or providing you with anything useful, but it seemed alright to me.

I mean, not a whole lot different than most of the other stuff I've seen these days.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Rahl, I'm not a poetry expert. Not to say I don't like poems. This one is a very plain spoken prose-like poem--in which the words simply mean what they say--which I gather is popular today. It's not my favorite type of poem, so I'm not a good judge here, either.

My own tastes go to those where the words work harder--take on multiple meanings, paint word pictures, evoke emotions just by their juxtaposition with each other. "The Eagle" by Tennyson, "Stars" by Teasdale, "Boots" by Kipling, "The Hell-bound Train" (unknown author), "The Raven" by Poe, even "The Pessimist" by Ben King. Okay. I don't want to bore anybody. I'll stop.

[This message has been edited by Kolona (edited September 11, 2002).]

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Infyrno
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Poetry is an amazing thing. The colors that it can paint can be more vivid than the reality that surrounds us all. Like Kolona said, "My own tastes go to those where the words work harder--take on multiple meanings, paint word pictures, evoke emotions just by their juxtaposition with each other." Poetry can be powerful, but if it is not used in the correct manner and painted with the right "brushes", then it sounds too much like everything else in this world. Unfortunately it is too say this, but the poem here gives me this vibe. You have a good talent when it comes to th language of poetry, but I think you need a little bit of practice. Please don't take that the wrong way...

"Insanity is your only escape"

Vycye

| Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.