Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Trying to accomplish something...

Author Topic: Trying to accomplish something...
Phanto
Member # 1619

- posted      Profile for Phanto   Email Phanto         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.

Here is a bit from a fantasy that I am writing. In it the character, Marion, taps into dark magic and gets, in return, a most wonderous feeling. (Of course it fades immediatly after like drugs -- I will ask for help with that if you do a good job with this )

So, I am wondering how you would improve this little ditty.

" Marion, nervous, stuck her hands out and tried to imagine the door gone. Nothing seemed to be happening until a slight tingle entered her fingertips. The way that the tingle felt was the kind that Marion had only felt when she caressed her lover. She reveled in it and trembled fiercely. The tingling extended to her forearm this time making it feel like it was in a vat of beautiful and lightly scented with the rarest of perfumes. Instinctively she closed her eyes to enjoy the feeling more. Now her entire arm felt wonderful as if she was wearing the softest of cotton and she sighed, happily. Her foot then picked up the sensation, which then spread throughout her body. Images of waterfalls flashed through her mind, and she felt herself standing under one, the cool mist of water cleansing her deeply.
"Ahh…" she moaned audibly. "

Posts: 697 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Does she know that she's tapping into dark magic, and how addictive it's likely to be? If so, then perhaps you could bring that awareness to the fore. so that she is more conscious that she's doing something dangerous and bad. Maybe mix in a bit of rebellious feeling and a desire to use this power to get what she considers rightfully hers.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Penboy_np
Member # 1615

- posted      Profile for Penboy_np   Email Penboy_np         Edit/Delete Post 
Would you like comments on how we think to improve on it, or examples of how we would rewrite it?
Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 1619

- posted      Profile for Phanto   Email Phanto         Edit/Delete Post 
Both comments and examples are welcome.
I like your ideas, Survivor, and I will be using them.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.