Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » *To Kathleen*

Author Topic: *To Kathleen*
Infyrno
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I was wondering something that has been been itching at my mind for some time now. Seeing as how this is an "Over Eighteen" forum (due to the constant surge of vulgarity I was wondering if that rule is honestly enforced as I happen to have a friend who I know would fit into this forum wonderfully and he does not like the under eighteen forum as he sees them as "too immanture" (although in my opinion, he is all that we know to be immaturity (except of coure me) hehe) Anyway, thanks for your time and feel free to laugh at my question if you deem it worthy of interesting your laugh organs.

"No lights. No cameras. Just action"

Vycye

| Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Infyrno, I see the over-18 distinction more of a promise to those participating here that the participants are experienced enough to give serious and mature feedback to each other on their work.

There are under-18-ers who can do that, and they are welcome here.

In fact, we don't ask how old people are unless they want to sign up for a group--and then we let them explain why they think they can contribute to a group of people who should be able to expect mature feedback.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Infyrno
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Alright. No worries then.

"They swam within their ill at ease silence
Thus expecting any surprises
Not heeding their past
Not seeing their last
Endeavor before the web rises"

Vycye

| Report this post to a Moderator
Alias
Member # 1645

- posted      Profile for Alias           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact, we don't ask how old people are unless they want to sign up for a group

Speaking of which I signed up for one, a very long time ago. Last month at the beginning. How long should I expect to wait before concluding that my address was somehow forgotten? I don't mean to be or to sound impatient, but rather excited.

Posts: 295 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Alias, according to my records, you filled out the form and sent it on Sunday, July 27th. I sent a response the next day.

I have been out of town, on and off, for almost half of August, and haven't been home long enough to create any groups. If you'll bear with me, I hope to get some new groups started next week.

Sorry it's taking so long.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Alias
Member # 1645

- posted      Profile for Alias           Edit/Delete Post 
That's fine. Thanks for the information.
Posts: 295 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.