Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » synopsis and jacket blurb

Author Topic: synopsis and jacket blurb
Lynda
Member # 3574

- posted      Profile for Lynda   Email Lynda         Edit/Delete Post 
In another forum on here, Kathleen said I could post a request for readers of my synopsis and summary (what I consider the "jacket blurb"). I'd also appreciate somebody looking at my query letter. So any volunteers? Just e me and I'll send them to you. Thanks a lot! I'm hoping to get the query packets sent out on the 4th, so quick response will be greatly appreciated! (Now that I've steeled myself for the job, I'm eager to get them sent!!)

Lynda

Posts: 415 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojoyful
Member # 2997

- posted      Profile for sojoyful   Email sojoyful         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be much use with the query letter, since I have no experience with that - yet. But I'll read your synopsis and jacket blurb. My email is katie AT sojoyful DOT com. Anything in particular you want me to look for, or do you just want my reactions?

EDIT: Please put the word Hatrack somewhere in the email subject line, so you don't get spamified.

[This message has been edited by sojoyful (edited September 02, 2006).]

Posts: 470 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojoyful
Member # 2997

- posted      Profile for sojoyful   Email sojoyful         Edit/Delete Post 
Got your email. I'll let you know when I send them back.
Posts: 470 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda
Member # 3574

Thanks a lot! Someone else e'd me directly rather than posting here, which is fine too. I appreciate the help!

Lynda

Posts: 415 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole
Member # 3549

- posted      Profile for Nicole   Email Nicole         Edit/Delete Post 
All I know about query letters is...I don't know anything about them. I'd love to take a look at the blurb and synopsis. I was so hooked by your fragment!

I'm almost certain you can see my e-mail in my profile but here it is anyway: justforkeeks AT yahoo.com

Nicole

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda
Member # 3574

Thanks, Nicole! You've got mail!

If anyone else wants to read the synopsis, please let me know before Monday, September 4, as I plan to mail the query packets out on Tuesday, September 5, and will go with whatever I have by then. I always work better with deadlines, so that's the deadline for this! Thanks a lot!

Lynda

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.