Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » No more novels in this area

Author Topic: No more novels in this area
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I've started a separate Fragments and Feedback area for novels only.

So if you want feedback on a novel, please start your topic there.

You may post the first 13 lines and/or a short summary of the novel (what you'd put in a query letter).

You may ask for feedback on the first 13 lines and/or on the short summary, and you may ask if anyone would be willing to have you email them a partial (the first 20 pages and an outline/synopsis of the rest) for critiquing.

If someone wants to critique the whole novel after having given you feedback on the partial, that's fine. You can arrange to email it to them if you like.

But, please, do not email someone more than the partial otherwise.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
The topics that are locked here have been moved to the Fragments and Feedback for Novels area.

After people have had a chance to participate in the topics at their new location, the locked topics will be deleted.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited January 27, 2007).]

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
What if you've got something as an example, without a complete story (novel or short) to go with it, and you just want some comments on how it might play one way or another?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

I'd recommend starting a topic for it in F&F for Short Stories, Robert, and if it turns to the novel side of the Force, start a topic for it in F&F for Novels. Or have me move it there.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.