Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » "Weird Omelets" & "Good With Directions"

Author Topic: "Weird Omelets" & "Good With Directions"
Edmund
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Edmund   Email Edmund         Edit/Delete Post 
When I got home from Germany a few days ago I found my contributor's copy (and a small check) from Tyree Cambell, editor of Beyond Centauri. It was for the April issue, which contained my story "Weird Omelets."

But today was even better; I got an advance .PDF copy of the May/June issue of Futures Mystery Anthology, which contains the long-awaited appearance (long story, don't ask unless you have more time than good sense) of my story "Good With Directions." My name and story's title was one of three listed on the cover (out of over 20 stories) and I'm highlighted in the table of contents as a "Featured Author."

You better believe that'll keep me smiling long into the night...

Posts: 1200 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahl22
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Ed rules!

(And can I get a "woot woot" for bootcamp 2004!)

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edmund
Member # 2044

So says my fellow '04 Camper who's written more stories in the last two years than I have in my whole life...
Posts: 1200 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Edmund!

So Boot Camp really does work, huh?

I'm still waiting for it to work for me. *sigh*

Good on you!!

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Edmund!!
Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome news, Ed!
Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edmund
Member # 2044

Thanks, y'all.

I got another piece of good news yesterday. I just learned that the business magazine I edit (Career Network Magazine) has been accepted by Ingrams for distribution. Ingrams is the single biggest distributor in the U.S. and you have to go through an application process to even appear in their catalog, so everyone at our magazine is pretty jazzed. It took eight months to get them to take us on for distribution, but we made it. This means that we now have the capability (if not the actuality) of getting our magazine into every book store in the country!

Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep on smilin'. Double congrats!
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.