Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » The Calliope Man

Author Topic: The Calliope Man
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I just learned that my short story, "The Calliope Man" has been accepted for publication in the "Sideshow 2: Tales of the Big Top and the Bizzare" anthology. Thanks to monstwer, Brant Danay, TaleSpinner, Nick T and various others that provided their thoughts on the story.

The anthology will be published in Jan or Feb of 2010, I'll provide more info as I have it.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Merloin. Nice work.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monstewer
Member # 5883

- posted      Profile for monstewer   Email monstewer         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! Quick reply on the rewrite too
Posts: 373 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Woohoo! Tally ho and loofaloo!
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everybody.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

Well, nevermind I guess. The editor in question sent me an edited version of the manuscript and asked me to be sure she hadn't changed my meaning or intent. I then responded and pointed out a couple of small typographical errors and mentioned a passage that had been changed. I said I would prefer it as it had been, but if that wasn't acceptable I'd defer to her editorial wisdom.

She then said please insert the changes and send the manuscript back. I did.

She then proceeded to decline the story (this after I'd already recieved an acceptance email.)

~shrug~

I don't think I'll be making anymore submissions to any Sam's Dot Publishing affiliates.

Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that sucks.

Keep trying.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

It's not like I have any choice :-)

I'll be looking for another place to sub Calliope Man, and tomorrow I will start a partial re-write on Isle of Storms...I have high hopes for that one.

snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
That is terrible. It's like receiving a gold metal then asked to give it back.

Try, try again. Encouraging to know that someone like your story enough to consider it (that is no small feat).

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C L Lynn
Member # 8007

- posted      Profile for C L Lynn   Email C L Lynn         Edit/Delete Post 
How frustrating! I'm so sorry.
Posts: 226 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.