Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Research

Author Topic: Research
Brinestone
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
So I have an idea for a story, but it involves knowing a LOT of chemistry, and I personally know not much. I took one chemistry class in high school, and I could hardly stand it. My teacher was terrible, and so I had trouble staying awake. Anyway, excuses aside, I'm finding I'm going to have to do some research so I don't shout my ignorance when I try to explain how some things work. But I don't know even where to start...like I said, I know virtually nothing. I could take a beginning chemistry course sometime, but I can't guarantee they'll teach me what I want to know.

Also, I need to know some of the biological and chemical weapons out there, what's in them, and how they work. Anyone know where I might find that?

[This message has been edited by Brinestone (edited May 17, 2001).]

Posts: 814 | Registered: Nov 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliGurl
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for SiliGurl   Email SiliGurl         Edit/Delete Post 
1) As to knowing chemistry, my gut feeling is that a course may not be practical for you. I would find someone (such as a professor, tutor, or message board) that acn answer your questions. I'm sure there are tons of websites on chemistry that can help you. Heck, just type in a keyword search about what you need to know... that would be where I would start.
2) As to WMD (weapons of mass destruction), same story. TONS of info on the web about this... I'd start there. There's several agencies in DC that specialize in this, and they're on the web. Not sure if they'll tell you how to make it though. I know of several books that are underground publications that would give you this information, but honestly, I am reluctant to post them here (they are very explicit and I don't want THAT on my conscience). There's also a publisher that specializes in these type of books (plus other military-esque books).

Hope that helps!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Feb 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.