Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » The Scarlet Letter

Author Topic: The Scarlet Letter
EmmaSohan
Member # 10917

- posted      Profile for EmmaSohan   Email EmmaSohan         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone asked me why I never posted any of my fiction starts here. I thought I had! One reason is I have no idea what you can do with this. But now I am curious. It's a rewrite of The Scarlet Letter. Do I include the poem the book starts with?

I was never told
                                a touch
         could have the power of a thunderstorm

I was never told
                                a kiss
                   could change my heart

I was never told
                                a mistake
                         could be so cruel

1639, London

I look up the church aisle, past my small collection of friends and family on the right, who are trying their best not to look poor; past Roger's large collection of friends and family on the left, who feel comfortable with their expensive clothes and the pomp of a large marriage ceremony; and towards the front of the church. Roger is waiting, standing, unsmiling; he is no doubt considering some philosophical thought.

I straighten my wedding gown on my shoulders and twine my arm inside my father's.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.