Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Critiquing Our Fears

Author Topic: Critiquing Our Fears
Turtle-Goddess
Member # 3481

- posted      Profile for Turtle-Goddess   Email Turtle-Goddess         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to start a group of say, five members who take turns critiquing each other's stories of horror. If possible, I'd like to stay with the thirteen-lines limit at first and then on second review, make a limit of say, four thousand words for that same story. With the thirteen-line limit, we'd only answer questions of the "hook."
Does the reader want to keep reading?
Why?
What do you think is going to happen?
Again, Why?
What do you see as the external conflict (the plot), and the internal conflict (the story?)
How do you see as the protagonist? Do you also see her/him as the Heroine/Hero?
Is this worth the effort AT THIS TIME or should author work on it perhaps a little more?
See? Other questions could also come up and could be shared amongst members.
We could do this on a rotating schedule between submitters with other members naturally doing the critiques. I'd also be open to discussing how often do we want to have for critiques/submissions, as well as all and any other aspects of this group. Any suggestions? Any interest?
I'll be looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.
The Turtle Goddess

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.