Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NaNoWriMo Recovery Support Group

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo Recovery Support Group
franc li
Member # 3850

- posted      Profile for franc li   Email franc li         Edit/Delete Post 
This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I mean, I really do want to have an exchange going here. I think the NaNo experience has been moving in the wrong direction in that National Novel Editing Month was cancelled, and they have now launched ScriptFrenzy. The only good I see coming out of ScriptFrenzy is the wider circulation of proper script format.

Well, if anyone is interested, my program is to:
1. Do some work on this puppy (my 2004 novel) everyday.
2. Finish the manuscript
3. Prepare a query
4. Get some crits on the query material
5. Shop it to some agents

Anyone else who is interested in also doing this feel free to reply here or email me.

Posts: 366 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eclectic skeptic
Member # 3046

- posted      Profile for eclectic skeptic   Email eclectic skeptic         Edit/Delete Post 
well I am looking for a group with those same types of goals in mind, I think.

My addition to your goals would be to have weekly or even bi-weekly crits of a portion of the material we write. Nothing too strenuous on us, nothing so large as to take away from our time writing our own material. But I just am a newish writer. I've been writing for ten years or so, but not seriously, not with any intention of getting published. Now I am... I want to know if what Im writing has any chance of that. And if not, why not. Let me know if this is an addition you would be okay with?

Im writing a novel. Ive been working on it, mileu, and backstory, for a long time. I decided it was time to just write it. Now I just want to make sure I am writing it in a way that is good enough to be published. I don't need a lot of crit work, I don't think, but I would like to have a little. I work on it almost everyday... but I don't turn out material very fast.

BTW I have no idea what NaNo is. Excuse me for my ignorance, I was just curious as to what the heck it is.

Eclectic

Posts: 60 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
eclectic skeptic, NaNo is short for National Write a Novel in a Month (which is held in November of each year).

If it had been up to me, I would have picked January--New Year's Resolutions, post holiday, dead of winter (in the US anyway), not much else going on.

Of course, who's to say people couldn't do their own NaNos in January?

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dee_boncci
Member # 2733

- posted      Profile for dee_boncci   Email dee_boncci         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a couple weeks away from completing my first first draft of a novel and would be interested in working with others in a similar position.
Posts: 612 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
franc li
Member # 3850

- posted      Profile for franc li   Email franc li         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I'm sorry if I've let the ball drop on this. Though I haven't gotten any emails from anyone.
Posts: 366 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eclectic skeptic
Member # 3046

- posted      Profile for eclectic skeptic   Email eclectic skeptic         Edit/Delete Post 
no worries... life happens and things distract.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rolard
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for Rolard   Email Rolard         Edit/Delete Post 
As a Nano survivor and winner last year this type of group is exactly what I was looking for when I signed up here. The Cleveland group pretty much dissolves till next October so having more frequent contact with others working on their novels will help motivate me a lot. I need to get cracking on my mess so I have some work to share.

Rolard

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.