Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG 6/3 - 6/9

Author Topic: NSG 6/3 - 6/9
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

• What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
  • Describe what you worked on.
  • Set goals for next week.
  • Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

• Writing on a novel
  • Characterization
  • World Building
  • Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

Last Week's Goals

Another bad week, but I did better this week than previously. Progress anyway.

My goals for next week:

• Short Story

Still work on that short story.

What did I learn this week?

I think I'm learning that working in my new "office" in the basement is not working for me. Our weather has been colder than normal this spring and the basement is cold (not insulated yet). So, I think I need to find a better place to work. I don't necessarily want to go to the bookstore again, but that is an option.

--William

Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Week's Goals:

DREAMER'S ROSE: Nothing for this month.
Such an easy goal.

MAGE STORM: Revise the query letter and start querying again.
Hmm. Revised the query letter, but haven't started sending it out.

SEVEN STARS: Second draft through chapter 24.
Nope. I got all the way through to THE END on the first pass.

BLOOD WILL TELL: Complete the chapter exchange and make revisions.
Completed the chapter exchange. Almost through the first round of revisions.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Try to get a little work done on my WotF entry for Quarter 3. Maybe even an entry for the challenge here (if I figure out how to get a few more hours int the day.)
Yes to the first, No to the short stories. Maybe this week.

Next Week's Goals:

On the Shelf:
THE SHAMAN'S CURSE
THE IGNORED PROPHECY

Keep jotting down ideas of how these two might be changed.

DREAMER'S ROSE:
Nothing for this month.

MAGE STORM:
Pick a query letter (I now have two, which you can see and comment on here .) and start querying again.

SEVEN STARS:
Start the second pass through.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Make the first round of revisions (the easy ones) and make notes of things that would require deeper changes. Then let it simmer a bit before coming back for the final round of revisions.)

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Try to get a little work done on my WotF entry for Quarter 3. Maybe even an entry for the challenge here (if I figure out how to get a few more hours int the day.)

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyS
Member # 9447

- posted      Profile for EmilyS   Email EmilyS         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Week:

THE NULL PROPHET: Continue exchanges (and finish one of them). Yes
Work through scene list & mark it up with changes I want to make. Yes Also started revising.
Work on query. A little.

MINDWALKER: Write some every day.
4/7 days. My focus is definitely on Null Prophet.

Next Week:

THE NULL PROPHET: Continue revisions & exchange.

MINDWALKER: Write at least every other day (so it doesn't get stale while I revise).

Posts: 125 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, way behind here.

I hardly did any writing in New Mage again, Not sure why. It might be that I'm not sure where to go with the chapter I just started. I want what I call a danger scene and some emotional conflict with her friends before she realizes why she is having that problem.

Still letting "Storm Born" sit for another week or so before revising.

Still working with the novel group with Bright Lights.

Goals...I have one this time. To start a new novel at work. I may do the one I worked on a few months ago. At that time I just wanted to get it going so I wouldn't forget some of the scenes I wanted in it. But I've come up with a couple of ideas so I may go for it now.

Probably not until I finish the revision of Storm Born or finish New Mage but I also want to start a new novel at home. Maybe redo my first one, a space opera, or finally finish my fantasy which is eight tenths done. Or start one of the ten to twenty ideas I have.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.