Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 11/25 - 12/1

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 11/25 - 12/1
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURS, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC): Social media promotion.
Not really. [Frown]

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Continue writing first draft.
Yes. [Big Grin]

MAGE STORM: Think about dusting this one off to work on (rewrite) while I mull over certain points in BECOME.
Yes. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Next Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURS, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC):
Social media promotion.

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING:
Continue writing first draft.

MAGE STORM:
Read through what I've already rewritten.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost done with my Nano novel at 45,000 and some words. Not counting what I do today.

My hero is on the way to a final confrontation. He finally figured out where the Crystal is. I hoped to finish it tomorrow but even at a 1200 tonight and 1500 tomorrow-if I can-that won't be enough words.

I may have go back and add a flashback since there is a longer one and one or two short ones already.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I've put off work on my novella for the last week and a half or so in order to get my latest short story's second draft finished and ready for critique. I've made significant progress, though, and should be back to working on my novella by the next update cycle.
Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H Reinhold
Member # 10553

- posted      Profile for H Reinhold   Email H Reinhold         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, LDWriter, on getting through NaNoWriMo! I'm sure you won't have trouble putting in a few extra scenes to make up your word count.

I put my update on the last thread so late that it coincided with the new thread going up! So my new resolution is to update here every Tuesday, after my weekly review sessions on Monday evenings.

Review session with my first reader yesterday was cut short, so I知 still waiting for preliminary feedback, but writing went well this week. It was a bit slow, but I felt more confident. I made my first real attempt at a complex setting, and it was a good experience. It felt like manipulating a long, heavy vehicle after driving around for years in a small car.

This week I知 going to continue to write new material, but also rework some of my drafts to get them ready for wider review/submission. NaNoWriMo, as I said before, is on hold at just over 20,000 words. I値l finish it another time, once the story has had time to develop. In the meantime, I値l keep writing shorter pieces. Since the start of November I致e written 30,000 words of drafts for short stories, or chapters of slightly longer works, so I知 pleased.

Currently, I have one short story waiting for a final review before I either put it up for review in the forum here, or try to submit somewhere, another that I need to rewrite just a little, and at least three more that I知 seriously thinking about rewriting more substantially. The other handful of drafts floating around could potentially be reworked into good stories, but I知 yet to be convinced it would be the best use of my time; the ideas in those stories aren稚 solid enough. And beyond that, I致e got to write the next parts of several longer stories. So there's no shortage of things to do...

Posts: 76 | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.