Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » What Short Story Is This?

Author Topic: What Short Story Is This?
shadowynd
Member # 2077

- posted      Profile for shadowynd   Email shadowynd         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I need help from all the well-read folk here, please. Many many years past, when I was in grade school, we read there a short story whose title and author I am now trying in vain to recall. The story was one seemingly mundane but with a delightful twist at the end. The gist of the story:

The impression given is of a couple driving down the road, at night, I think. An animal in the road is hit by the vehicle. The passenger, wife was my impression, is distressed and wants to try and help the animal. The driver (husband?) is less than concerned and doesn't want to bother turning around to see if the creature is alright. After all, he reasons, it's only a human. The very end of the story gives the reader the understanding that the driver and passenger are aliens, the animal hit was a human being.

Please, if anyone recalls the tale and knows title and author, your help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Susan

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.