Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » "Demon Hunts"

Author Topic: "Demon Hunts"
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Even though I would read the book no matter how it started, the opening for "Demon Hunts", Number five in a series by C.E. Murphy, was a grabber. I said "whoa fast start this time". It was right in the middle of something, very quickly Murphy described what the something was.

Basically its states that Someone had chewed on a body. Then it goes into a short dissertation on how Walker, the MC, knew it was a someone not a something. At the end of the somewhat short paragraph you know, if you hadn't figured it out, it was a human body and that she knew his name.

Actually I thought it was a tad long for an opening, and that it continued info anyone following the series would know, but at the same time it got across info the reader needed in Walker's style. I mean Walker the MC, its First person and she definitely has her own way of thinking through things. It was a bit educational also, in a gross way.

Of course if a reader hadn't been following the series they may need that info others would know already.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.