Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » FAQs and Links to Discussions » Help?

Author Topic: Help?
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post 
I vaguely remember a thread somewhere in which people explained how to do the nifty comment boxes in Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't have Word, so I didn't bother learning how to use the comment boxes. Now that I have Word, I want to use them and I don't remember how. Or what the thread was.

Can anybody give me a hand?

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Jaina!

OK. Comments.

Before I proceed, be warned that they sometimes don't translate to other word processing programs AND there are some at Hatrack who don't like them at all. For instance, Christine can't see the tiny print. The comments feature frustrates her to no end.

That said, here's how you do it.

1. Click and drag over the section of text you want to comment on.

2. Click on 'Insert' on the command bar--up there by 'File' and 'Edit'. The text you've selected will be highlighted in yellow and a text screen will appear at the bottom of your Word window. You just type your text in and it attaches itself to the highlighted text.

It's also possible to print the comments separately from the story text, but that's another whole lesson and I haven't done it in so long I'd have to take a minute to figure it out. You can learn how by using your little help guy. Just click on him and ask him to show you how to print comments.

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. And thanks for the warning--I'll make sure to be careful who I use them with.

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.