Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
EbonRose
Member # 2425

- posted      Profile for EbonRose   Email EbonRose         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see. I'm a 23 year old man with no discernable path through life laid before me. The only thing I've always known I wanted to do was write, and I've been trying to piece together a novel for years. I lost a lot of data through computer crashes, and now the story in my head is undergoing so many permutations that I keep rewriting parts of it.
When I'm not trying to wring creativity out of my mind, I generally spend my time reading or messing around on my computer. I'm an avid student of religion, philosophy, and history, and those types of threads seem to keep popping up in my stories. Imagine that :P
The concept of a writer's group is very interesting, but since I don't really have much that's actually written yet, I'm probably not ready to join a group. Still, if anyone wants to contact me, feel free. EbonRose@gmail.com is where you'll find me.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack, EbonRose.

There's no need to feel that you cannot participate if you are not writing. How about critiquing? As you critique others' work you might see new ways to work on your own writing. 'Flash' challenges might be another avenue for you as well.

Welcome again,

mikemunsil

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shi Magadan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for Shi Magadan   Email Shi Magadan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

Don't worry about joining a group per se. Every now and then peruse fragments and feedback and see if you have any comments. And of course, post some of your writing if you need feedback.

I am 24 and also interested in philosophy, religion, and history. I think a lot of my writing has religious elements to it, which inevitably spill over to philosophy. So, yeah, I would gain from your input.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there EbonRose. Welcome to Hatrack. One thing for sure, you will learn a lot here and eventually the writing will show it. Enjoy!

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EbonRose – welcome! I also enjoy studying religions, philosophy/psychology, and history. It definitely spills over into my writing just as Shi mentioned. I look forward to reading your work when you are ready to post in the F&F thread.
Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.