Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Back, sort of...

Author Topic: Back, sort of...
Eljay
Member # 1941

- posted      Profile for Eljay   Email Eljay         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm Eljay, and I've been away for a while because of Real Life. (Family stuff...major chaos.)

I am yet unpublished; the only milestone I can claim so far is having placed in the quarter-finals for WOTF. I write primarily science fiction, with a little fantasy now and then. I've finished the first draft of a novel, and am currently (slowly) revising it, while also working on short stories. I'm finding that I work much better at novel length, but I'm learning a lot from short pieces, and the discipline is excellent.

I've only been back to writing seriously for about a year and a half, since my kids got old enough that I feel like I have time to think again. They still keep me really busy, so I'll probably only be around occasionally. I have to have time to write too, after all!

Eljay

Posts: 73 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Eljay. Your time away simply built you a bigger backlog of material to draw from.
Posts: 1807 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! Yep, life happens. I first started with a Hatrack critique group 2000 in or so, then life happened and I had to back out. But I'm back and you're back and life goes on.

Let's get to writing.

mm

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! (I'm trying not to let a certain John Sebastian TV theme overtake my brain now. Must make mental note to avoid that phrase in future.)

Yes, life happens, but more grist for the mill, right?

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kickle
Member # 1934

- posted      Profile for Kickle   Email Kickle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eljay glad your back!
Posts: 397 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.