Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello, World

Author Topic: Hello, World
AngeRosser
Member # 2463

- posted      Profile for AngeRosser   Email AngeRosser         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I am an avid reader, but never have actually written a complete story- other than in a creative writing class in high school. Part of my apprehension lies in the fact that I have no one available to take a look at my work and no one to bounce ideas off of. My friends aren't really into that sort of thing. The few who write do mostly stories based off of TV shows- zine type of work if you are familiar with that. I prefer writing original stories- if I am to invest the time and energy that writing involves. I am a sci-fi lover. I just finished the latest in the Bean series. I hope a sequel follows. I have always been more of a Bean than Ender fan. So, I am trully a writing newbie.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're at the right place. This forum is full of helpful, dedicated and talented writers. On top of that, many are actually glad to help! Amazing.

Why don't you read the threads here a bit, then go over to F&F and have a try at some critiques. After that, submit something there for critiques.

Welcome.

mm

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I look forward to seeing some of your work, and reading some of your critiques. If you read a lot, you probably have a strong idea of what you like, and that helps immensely when it comes to critiquing. Good luck!
Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are plenty of people here to bounce off of (that didn't sound quite right, did it?--I'm having mental images of human pinball here).

Personally I've always preferred to "do my own thing," not with other peoples' characters, so I get where you're coming from. I hope you'll find the comments and crits helpful.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.