Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Howdy!

Author Topic: Howdy!
SkorPiun
Member # 2465

- posted      Profile for SkorPiun   Email SkorPiun         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am new to this Bulletin Board and am very excited.

Over 2 years ago my wife purchased me "How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy” written by Mr. Card to give me the push (or more like a kick) I needed to start writing all those stories I talked about so much. It was one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. I am still not very good, but it has provided an excellent release for me and a way to express myself in a way that I never thought I would be able to (I am dyslexic).

My wife also pointed this forum out to me, and I am eager to see what other people have to say about my writing, because if you have ever watched American Idol, it’s quite obvious that friends and family are not the best judges of talent. Have you seen how many people on that show say, “but my friends and family all say I am good.”

Well, enough talking your ear off, I going to start looking around and see what others have written :o)

Posts: 27 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Wenderella
Member # 2464

- posted      Profile for Wenderella   Email Wenderella         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must have a fabulously wonderful wife <wink,wink> Oh wait that's me....

I look forward to seeing what other people think of your work :0)

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, SkorPiun (and Wenderella)--hmm, a husband and wife team!

I hope you like it here. I've found it very helpful.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.