Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello There.

Author Topic: Hello There.
Fuzzylogic
Member # 5384

- posted      Profile for Fuzzylogic   Email Fuzzylogic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that KDW has made me official I can say hello.

Hello.

Not enough?

Okay fine. Hello, my name is Matt.

More?? You have got to be kidding. Very well, if you insist here goes nothing.

Hello everyone. My name is Matt but my friends call me Fuzzy or Fuzz--its a long story. I'm sure all of you write constantly whenever you have a chance. Me...I'm more of a think-about-writer. I do write, just not as often as I should. In other words after you read this post I'll probably catch you guys at the next blue moon. Seriously though I never stop thinking about writing. My biggest problem is that once I sit down to write I can't push through the first page or two. I'm a habitual re-writer. I want everything to be perfect the first time and I end up bogged down in a miasma of editing after just a paragraph or two. Funny thing is that makes me a decent content editor. I've helped more than one friend trim down a page that should have been a paragraph.

Anyway, even through my struggles there is one thing I know with complete certainty. There is nothing in this world I like better than then telling a good story. I have a deep aching need to break through my barriers and write the stories trapped in my head. You know the stories I'm talking about. The ones that you tell your friends, family and sometimes complete strangers over and over again. Stories you could wax on about for hours at a time. Those same ones that people keeping telling you they want to read if only you could shut your piehole and write them down. I'm at a point now where my wife cuts me off before I can start telling her about a new idea I have. "Write it and I'll read it. Otherwise, keep it to yourself."

God, I love her. She's available most weekends for motivational speaking engagements to anyone who is interested. Five bucks and she is all yours. Just make sure you have her back in enough time to feed and diaper our kid or I'll really never get any writing done.

This intro thing ended up a lot longer than I expected. I look forward to what I hope will be a mutually beneficial collaberation with all of you. See you around the Forum.

Matt (Fuzz)

[This message has been edited by Fuzzylogic (edited April 11, 2007).]

[This message has been edited by Fuzzylogic (edited April 11, 2007).]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. I determined today that I need to put a grease pencil in my shower so I can mark ideas on the glass door. Too many ideas then that never make it out of my head.
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 3662 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDreamer
Member # 5337

- posted      Profile for DeepDreamer   Email DeepDreamer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, I like that idea KayTi! Unfortunately, all I've got's a tub. I wonder if there's such a thing as a waterproof notebook...

I too often find myself in the same situation as you, Matt. I've resolved to keep paper and pens everywhere around my house, and to jot down ideas as they come to me instead of just mulling them over. My boyfriend is my best encourager/muse. He's always pestering me about wanting to read what I've written. This week I won't disappoint him. =)

Welcome, and I hope you break through those barriers. Good luck.

~DD

Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.