Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Anti-Social Club, pop: 1

Author Topic: Anti-Social Club, pop: 1
Eternity
Member # 7861

- posted      Profile for Eternity   Email Eternity         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a first for everything, and I assure you this is a first for me. You're all writers I presume and so you'll understand when I say that writing has been my outlet ever since I needed one. No surprises there. What's even more shocking is that I write fiction. Whether or not it's any good is really up to the audience, of which I haven't had...yet.

My path here is probably similar to yours. You probably read some OSC books and found his website and signed up cuz it looked interesting. My intro, so far, isn't really very remarkable, but I don't mind. I am not hoping to entertain, but to teach. More than a writer I want to be a teacher, how's that for you?

I've been working on what I know will be my highlight as a science fiction writer, if I ever finish it. Writer's block, what can you do? I also have a personal journal I've been keeping I hope to publish just before I die, or after...maybe.

Helping people, maybe more than writing, is my skill. What little friends I have I try to look out for cuz I believe in being the best person you can be, regardless if God is real or not. As long as I get to make people smile and laugh, "it's good" my 先生 would say.

But I'm biased sometimes...well, a great deal of the time. I can't stand to be in boring conversations and/or relationships for long. By "boring" I mean trivial. People ask me nonchalantly "How are ya?" and I stare at them. They're complete strangers, what business of theirs allows them to inquire into my life? And so, the title describes my social character accurately.

There you have it really. An average Joe in an average life. If you would like to know more why don't you read my journal, neh?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How are ya?". I mean hi.
Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Eternity,

You know, the population of Anti-social club is larger than one, a lot larger. It's just that no one ever gets out their front door to notice that there are more people living there.
Step out and breathe a bit. You are at a place where we are friendly but can take some bashing. Glad that you decided to join.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 3677 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1860 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1161 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all a bunch of anti-social climbers here...
Posts: 8638 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustInProse
Member # 7872

- posted      Profile for JustInProse   Email JustInProse         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! You were correct, I know what you mean. There is only one striking difference between what you wrote and myself, when someone who I don't entirely know asks me "How are ya?", including Wal-mart cashiers *grin*, I give them my best answer.

Sometimes it takes a while to tell them everything...but it is fun anyway.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

- posted      Profile for Darth Petra   Email Darth Petra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. This has got to be the longest intro post I've seen.

How are ya? Actually, I hate it when people ask me that too. People are buggerlovers sometimes.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oblomova
Member # 7846

- posted      Profile for Oblomova           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I just graduated from "new member," so I now feel qualified to respond to introductions.

Don't feel you have to choose between being a teacher and an anti-social writer, by the way--I think the best teachers are people who understand the anti-social kids.

Have fun.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.