Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » newbie alert!

Author Topic: newbie alert!
deebum25
Member # 8286

- posted      Profile for deebum25           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I can see this is going to be seriously...not serious. Good! If it ain't enjoyable why bother? That said I look forward to getting to know everyone (although some will take some getting used to ) and giving and receiving. 'Tis the season! (Since we all know that Christmas now comes directly after Halloween.)
Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HIyas and welcome pull up a chair...

Posts: 686 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kee Stone
Member # 8282

- posted      Profile for Kee Stone   Email Kee Stone         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be the newbie hour. Hi! Welcome.
do good. be weird. right place!

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deebum25
Member # 8286

- posted      Profile for deebum25           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I breathe a lung filling sigh of relief. How wonderful to be weird!
Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broda
Member # 8280

- posted      Profile for Broda           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Have fun, the guys and gals here are awesome.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find those remarks about people on this forum being wierd, rude, and inaccurate.

People here are very serious minded and are aware that there is no such thing as Santa Claus.

I also take offense at this comment 'although some will take some getting used to', primarily because I know I am the target of this comment, or at least fit its disrciption. Where are the penguins?

I do take some getting used to. But try being me... I have to live with me. Growing up, it was get used to myself or die. I ain't dead. I think.

At least you can ignore me when I get annoying...

I am all business when appropriate. There they are.

Where was I. Oh yes, welcome to Hatrack. Press the red one!

P.S. I am now entirely made of tin.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings! have a cupcake!
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. So glad you could drop by, and I hope you can stay for awhile. Don't mind Patrick. He's really okay, once you get to know him (I don't know what his problem is, but I've always believed in Santa Claus ). One thing's for sure; it's good to come into this group with an open mind and a light heart. We mean well, and some of us tend to tease .

So, I see you made it up to the treehouse and hope you enjoy all its comforts. I see someone has already helped you find a place to sit. Maybe after you've rested and had a bite to eat(Watch out for Merlion's deserts. Sometimes they have weird side effects .), I can show you around.

Hey Philo! What's the movie this month, or are we still viewing The Princess Bride? Are we getting behind schedule or what ?

Anyway:

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1319 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack, deebum25!

My name is philocinemas and I screen a monthly movie here in the Treehouse of Endless Introductions. However, we have had a little slow-down of traffic recently, most likely due to the holidays and other world events, therefore I will be continuing the movie I started last month. By the way, Crystal and all you other faithful movie goers, I will be taking a vacation at the end of this month, therefore the movie will be ending on the 21st. Please enjoy the second half of The Princess Bride -

"Three years he said that. 'Good night, Westley, good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.' It was a fine time for me."

[This message has been edited by philocinemas (edited November 08, 2008).]

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, deebum25. Here's the link to the Hatrack Utility Belt, also known as the H.U.B. that I like to provide to new Hatrackers. Why? Why not?
Posts: 8001 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
philocinemas, any chance the next movie you screen will be My Man Godfrey?

Its one of my favorites.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard.

And now its time for you to meet the sane one of the bunch. So if you're done enjoying your cupcake while watching a movie in the treehouse/spaceship all while fiddling with your new utility belt as you discuss the existence of Santa Claus, let me know and we'll get down to priming up that prose.
And I do agree, Patrick James is quite harmless once you get to know him. He got that way digging a little too deep while picking his nose.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick, I assume you mean the 1936 version and not the 1957 version. I actually thought it had been remade a third time, but I couldn't find it - if it was, it had a different name.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings and welcome to deebum25!
Hope magic is what you find here.
Your word-slinging powers are what you test drive,
to our critters, with salt grains, give ear.

or, you could just hang out and enjoy the great sunsets and non-fattening desserts

welcome,
tempest

[This message has been edited by tempest (edited November 10, 2008).]

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.