Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings from England

Author Topic: Greetings from England
Silby
Member # 8542

- posted      Profile for Silby   Email Silby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say hi to you all.

I am a married mother of 4 young adults. (all still at home, bless 'em!)

I have been writing stories all of my life. I have written several books but am not published yet. I have found that there is a tremendous difference between writing a novel length story and writing a publishable novel.

I live in the North of England and most of my work is set here in the early 19th C.

I am looking forward to associating with you all and hope you can make a bit of room in the tree house. :-)

Silby

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, Silby, there is always room in a virtual treehouse. That's the beauty of it.

North England in the early 19th century? I have ancestors who lived in Lancashire during that time.

Posts: 8266 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixydust
Member # 2311

- posted      Profile for pixydust   Email pixydust         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I love novels set in that time period! Hope you make some progress on the publishing front soon!

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 811 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings! Have a lovely butterscotch brownie!

I do enjoy English people, especially English people writers.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come in, come in! Don't just stand there on the doorstep with your mouth hanging open. I guess nobody told you how spacious the magical treehouse is on the inside compared to the outside. Amazing what a little magic can do. No squeezing anyone in. There's always plenty of room.

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silby
Member # 8542

- posted      Profile for Silby   Email Silby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Silby

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.