Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Here I come to save the day....

Author Topic: Here I come to save the day....
CaptJay76
Member # 8769

- posted      Profile for CaptJay76   Email CaptJay76         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a happy hello to all of you, my new bestest friends! My name is Jason, but my friends just call me Jason. Some things about me? I'm 33 Terran years of age, I hail from Michigan, and I have a dog named Wilbur. Of the two of us, Wilbur is the smarter, but I'm the taller. He has something of a complex about that, so no short jokes around him, ok? I assume I can bring him into the treehouse with me? He'll behave. He's very friendly, and I think you will all like him. Just don't give him any eggs. You may regret it.

I heard about this site, and it sounded perfect for me. I greatly enjoy reading and writing. I am a huge fan of all things superhero, and I have been known to encounter the random elf or vampire in my literary explorations as well. I am currently working on a novel, which I hope to make a 5-7 book series out of. I'll post some of it shortly for you to check out.

My challenge right now is finding the time and motivation to write. The job that pays the bills leaves me quite wiped out. Love to hear any suggestions you may have.

Wilbur! No!

Sorry...I'll clean that up...

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down, Sal. Down girl. Wilber is going to live here too.

Sorry about that, but she was a stray and didn't have a home until I brought her in. Problem is she's not too fond of other dogs. Might be the pit bull in her background. The german shepherd is evident, but the majority of the votes on her questionable pedigree leans toward pit as the other half. At least she absolutely loves people... just doesnt' seem to like other dogs. Is Wilber very big? Sal weighs in at over 50 lbs, but I'll try to keep her under control.

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Jay! As long as Wilbur doesn't bother the magical critters (or creatures), then I think he's welcome, too.
Posts: 1137 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaptJay76
Member # 8769

- posted      Profile for CaptJay76   Email CaptJay76         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wilbur makes fast friends with everyone he meets, magical or otherwise. We did have a run-in with a mean spirited Leprechaun not long ago though, and that didn't end quite so well. For the Leprechaun.

Interestingly enough, Crystal, Wilbur himself actually is a pit bull. And a darn friendly one. Don't believe the hype.

Thanks for welcoming us!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I don't. I've already decided that the human friendly side of Sal is all pit bull, and she is for real. We found her at Salamonie State River Forest over the 4th of July holiday weekend. Hence the name "Sal".

My sister dog sitted a pit bull once, and I never met a more lovable dog. She thought she was a lap dog .

Sal has a knack of making everyone like her. She just doesn't like other dogs. We took her to the vet's to check her for a microchip(she didn't have one), and a Samoyed started barking at her and pulling on his leash. Sal wanted to tear him apart. I never felt such aggresion in a dog. I ended up having to take her outside.

Except for her problem with other dogs, she's the biggest baby you ever want to meet. Buuuuut, since we're talking virtual, I'm guessing Wilber and Sal will get along just fine .

[This message has been edited by Crystal Stevens (edited August 23, 2009).]

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaptJay76
Member # 8769

That's funny. Wilbur also thinks he's a 60 pound lap dog! He's just the best dog.
JasonHall
Member # 8723

- posted      Profile for JasonHall   Email JasonHall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Jason. Egg-roll anyone? I'm hungry....
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

Didn't you find the magic fridge out in the kitchen, JasonHall? It's right out there. Help yourself to anything you wish, and you can eat out on the deck and enjoy that gorgeous view. Check out the hot tub. It's on the deck too. One thing's for sure around here. NOBODY ever goes hungry. LOL

[This message has been edited by Crystal Stevens (edited August 24, 2009).]

CaptJay76
Member # 8769

I see my secret identity has been compromised. That's cool, though. I was wondering when I'd bump into you, Jason. You're very right though. This place is great!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.